Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    there is nothing in the chamber....

Member Array
    Car:
    Camry
    Quote Originally Posted by Amusevtec View Post
    Apparently the Top fuel intake is the best SRI for DC5R?

I had a K&N SRI, and that screamed like a M*#tHer Fu#$%er =]
    heat soak like a M*#tHer Fu#$%er =]

Member Array
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Earth, Milky Way
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro (LUX)
    I haven't read the posts since I posted this, but damn, settle down people. No need to get personal. LOL...

Anyways...I've talked to a few of my friends and none of them know anything about the TOP FUEL/ZERO-1000 intake product. But they did recommend me an Injen over a K&N Typhoon. They said most people who bought the K&N typhoon were very disapointed. Is this true? Would you recommend Injen over Typhoon for my EURO? Also given that the TOP FUEL intake only comes in short ram (correct me if i'm wrong), and I would prefer to go for a CAI, since hearing that during warmer weather the response and what extra power the intake does give u is significantly affected.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    lol man im sorry it went in that direction lol I somehow dont think I should have bagged it out to start lol for that im sorry!! the guy just started having a good old slag at me and im sure i prevoked it abit lol, like benjamin said nothing can COMPRESS the air coming in, its about velocity which is a GOOOD thing so in turn yes i like the idea of this intake if it does the same as the AEM V2 which realy uses the Venturi effect to gain velocity therefor increasing response. If you want this intake to realy work it would be a nice idea (like with all SRI) to make up a plastic/fibre or aluminium box for the pod to be sealed in with an external pipe feeding cold air from the front gaurd or similar.
    Sorry for the rah rah mods! I havnt posted much on OH but im no n00b lol
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    1) none of us know whats in that chamber

2) did you realise that a CAI is more wank than an SRI as a complete CAI system should at least include: bypass filter, thermal spacers for the intake parts
    why is it a complete wank if it has no bypass filter? you know thats mainly for places where it floods and when your getting way to close to alot of water lol its not JUST for cold air purposes. If your engine is lagging its most proabbly because of TOO much volume in your intake system without that velocity caused by thinner tubing or things like this intake system it will feel somewhat fat lol i had my skunk2 TB and skunk 2 IM put on and it was like sumone added 300kg to the car as below 3kRPM it didnt want to budge! once moving it was fine but theres to much volume and not enough movement... if that makes sense
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    1) none of us know whats in that chamber

2) did you realise that a CAI is more wank than an SRI as a complete CAI system should at least include: bypass filter, thermal spacers for the intake parts
    apologies for the post you spoke of lol SRI arent a wank i was just cranky at the time.
    NA WARRIOR