Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12k HID

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla type R / CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by ekdez View Post
    8000k is the legal limit.. or as i have been told.. do these give off decent visibility in the rain?? ive been considering getting some H4 hi/lo 8000k HID kit.. or is the 6000k option a better one??
    HID's are all defect if they aren't standard from the factory
    is it Friday yet......

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    derrr....

but my question was which is better for driveability.. does the 8000k still drive well in the rain? or just stick with the 6000k ones?

i never thought that far into the HID's, with eh different weather conditions

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    Anything above 6000k is too much.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    12000k will be pretty muhc like purple violet colour and you will see jack shit haha not to mention getting defected everywhere you go with the lights on.

6000k prob best compromise of looks and light output

i got 8000k and i think its a big upgrade over halogen and the colour is pretty blue, no probs from cops at all yet *knock on wood*

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeling7 View Post
    i got 8000k and i think its a big upgrade over halogen and the colour is pretty blue, no probs from cops at all yet *knock on wood*
    where did u get yours from??

jerry quoted me $350 for h4 hi/lo

haven't really looked n e where else besides internet..

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    i got 8000k in mine but cos of aftermarket headlights it flares out more then it should on normal standard headlights and im still fine with them, can drive in mountains etc at night with no probs on low beam and also remember to readjust your headlights when you put them in cos mine were way too high when i first put them in .. but yea i gotta readjust again cos now its a bit too low lolz

8000k is decent visibility during the rain, (depends on how good ur projectors are)

otherwise im guessing its horrible.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    cool i'm going to install me 8k ones also soon
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by ekdez View Post
    where did u get yours from??

jerry quoted me $350 for h4 hi/lo

haven't really looked n e where else besides internet..

i got mine off ebay man for a pretty god price like $200 its only low beam though. had them in the car about 6mths now and no problems since i installed them. hardest thing is deciding where you want to place your ballasts.

lol 350 from jerry, are they project mu ones? thats a decent price for hi/low setup, jsut gotta watch out and re adjust your headlights because they use a reflector rather than a projector so the light scatters much more.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    DC2R comes with projectors which are design to accompany halogen bulbs... by doing a HID conversion, yes it will give you a bettter output range compare to halogen bulbs but there will be no comparison when you do a proper HID retrofit using D2S bulbs...
    if you only want the looks.. go for 12,000k which is pure purple.. as you someone already suggested that you are putting yourself in higher chances to be defected by the police.
    OEM HID is rated around 4,350K... and i'd say 4,500K ~ 5000K will give you the best output with white lights...

Just my 2Cs..
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    4 banger
    dunno if this helps but im running 8000k on my eg headlights and they work fine =) i noticed a big difference when driving at night with the HIDs compared to the normal halogen bulbs. as for the rain i havnt had any trouble seeing the road while driving, a great mod. + i think u can still get booked for them depending on the cop.
    ohh herrow im jdm

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    tekung89 - you look as bored as me sifting thru. LOL (and i'm at work!)
    Wonder if you can engineer HIDs
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION