Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash Fade

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO '07 LE

Angry Dash Fade

I was cleaning the car over the weekend and notice on the passenger side dash on the RHS at the bottom the dash paint had faded considerably. WTF?

Im taking it to the dealershio to have it fixed along with the annoying rattle of the side pillar but im really starting to lose my patience. The car is only 6months old!!! what am i gonna have to put up with for the next 5years.... It just seems to be one minor prob after the other which leaves me really battling to be a Honda supporter......

Any one else had the dash prob?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    did you have one of those glade air freshner bottles hooked up there?
    They can leak and cause stains supposedly..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Do you always have passengers? It could be their pants rubbing against that bit of plastic. Moisten a soft cotton cloth and give it a gentle wipe. it could be just "dry".

I use 303 protectant, no fade yet even with a passenger riding. Mine is a 2004, parked outside.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO '07 LE
    Well thats y im so annoyed.......

i use the car as a weekender, it very rarely sees the sunlight as its always in under ground parking or garaged. I dont have or use any freshner and i dont believe my passanger has had her pants up against the dash (even if she had the dash cant possibly be that fragile).....

The colour has gone a little blue and what it looks like is the paint has come off?? ive cleaned it over and over again and its not getting any better.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRioM View Post

i use the car as a weekender, it very rarely sees the sunlight as its always in under ground parking or garaged. I dont have or use any freshner and i dont believe my passanger has had her pants up against the dash (even if she had the dash cant possibly be that fragile).....

The colour has gone a little blue and what it looks like is the paint has come off?? ive cleaned it over and over again and its not getting any better.
    Do you have the beige or black interior? Give 303 protectant a go.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    hey aaron, hope you are well mate.

where do you get your 303 from? i use to get them from autobarn in lansvale but they don't seem to stock them anymore, but said they can try to order them.

so just wondered where you get them from do you order them in also? or buy them off shelf?

cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRioM View Post

i once had kangaroo skin on my dash... when i took it off, it left like a really strange mark, it looked like that bit of dash had been in the sun for 100years! i dont know whether it was from some kind of oil or bug in the roo skin... but after a few weeks of cleaning with protectant, it seemed to disappear? i dont even know where it was now, u cant see anything

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    i once had kangaroo skin on my dash... when i took it off, it left like a really strange mark, it looked like that bit of dash had been in the sun for 100years! i dont know whether it was from some kind of oil or bug in the roo skin... but after a few weeks of cleaning with protectant, it seemed to disappear? i dont even know where it was now, u cant see anything
    The question here is, why did you have kangaroo skin on your dash in the first place?

lol

btw DLRioM, what do you mean rattle on the side pillar? Maybe it's normal.
    Last edited by Psy; 04-01-2008 at 10:57 PM.

should have gotten interior protection =]
    Front wheel drive is for the feeble.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    its disqualified hun, not suspended lol. im more hardcore

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by traumatized View Post
    hey aaron, hope you are well mate.

where do you get your 303 from? i use to get them from autobarn in lansvale but they don't seem to stock them anymore, but said they can try to order them.

so just wondered where you get them from do you order them in also? or buy them off shelf?

cheers.
    Try the other Autobarn outlets. One of them is bound to have 303 in stock. The Blacktown outlet has it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    I find that most skins like to suck oil/water. Same with a chamois. I guess the roo skin dried out the dash and the protectant slowly remoisturised it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by minix33 View Post
    should have gotten interior protection =]
    And pay $200-300 to have vinyl protectant sprayed on a sponge and wiped onto your interior? I'd do that myself thanks.