Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    I wouldnt reccomend springs regardless.

mechanically they are no where near the quality of a coilover system.
    But the price difference may influence your decision.
    My opinion, spend the money the first time and get coilovers, you wont have as many hassles.
    Sean
    p.s. havent heard of that brand.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Those brands are german/japanese brand their quality is pretty good. i got eibach spring on mine and they do good job on da street, but will be too soft for track use.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Base level coilovers will sooo not improve your handling over the stock suspension setup. The stock setup is that good, to improve it it's going to cost big bucks. Springs should last you until you sell your car.
    I'm not a fan of springs/cut/compressed, or entry level coilovers for the s2k, but for his application springs is highly recommended. Yea, for an accord getting springs might greatly reduce the suspension performance, but don't underestimate the s2000 showa shocks.

Entry level coilovers can never match the performance of a stock s2000.
    But his not after performance, he wants to be slammed, and stock shocks sitting on springs should last until he gets rid of the car anyway. Just dont go ridiciously low, even with coils they will just upset ur handling.

yeh as vyets said, springs will do for his application, no need to overkill it.
    It goes like a Zyrtec... I mean Vtec.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    what is your budget?

What will you be using it for?

IMO this topic has been discussed numerous times but here it is again....

If you only plan to use the car for street use and no tracking then just buy the cheaper brand coilovers like D2, HSD, or Racing logic. They perform well for street and allow you to drop your car quite low as well as offering various spring rates. I had D2 coiliovers in the past for my S2000 and they were great for street. They are simply bang for buck coils, you can buy them on ebay for about 1k shipped.

No need to go out and buy tein, BC, toda and all those other jdm bling brands just for street. Simply overkill, also with the jap brands some come with stiffer spring rates.

Someone mentioned, just drop it on king springs....King springs are quite ok for just street. I ran this setup before lowered about 2.5", was quite comfy but the car handled like shit. Also in the long run your shocks will die. Another combo to check out is running koni yellows + Ground control kit. Works out to just over 1k all up. Puts some big name coilovers to shame.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    People often underestimate top spring+shock combos, yet overrate entry level coilovers :P

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    FLY-
    No need to go out and buy tein, BC, toda and all those other jdm bling brands just for street. Simply overkill, also with the jap brands some come with stiffer spring rates.

Fly, teins are as cheap as D2s, and correct me if im wrong but i thought d2s were illegal in aus.

www.titanmotorsport.com
    shipped from usa, basics- $800US superstreet-$1200US

the above prices include shipping.

S2K prices may be different but its still bang for ur buck, and alot safer then spending 1grand on ebay.

Sean
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    yvets, it all depends where your budget lies.

A good shock/spring combo could cost you well in excess of 1grand, considering the price of say konis.

By the time you spend that much , a decent (cheapish) set of coilovers *for instance tein ss) for 1300au, it becomes a decision on what you should get coilovers of shock/springs.

Im not saying a decent set of shocks/springs wouldnt be sufficient, however from all I have heard, and experiences with people who have had both, I do not think ive ever heard anybody complaining about a decent/semi decent set of coilovers.

by the way, yvets, a 14 year old accord with anything will improve its sussy, LOL
    Compared to a much newer s2k , obviously there would be a great improvement in handling, so as i said in my previous post, there will be factors i have missed between the two cars

Anyways, Its up to you, just explore your options, see how much your willing to spend, how long you will have it, your day to day driving etc.

I'd stay away from kings, heard many bad stories. Plus there are so many brands similar in price which Are apparently a hell of alot better.

Sean
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

S2Krazy Array
    I have Koni + Eibach. Suit me very well.

I don't have the need for coils since I don't do very many track days at all, so it would hardly benefit me if I did.

My Koni's are like new. Only put them in 1 month before I lost my license. haha.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    SEXSPEC S2000 R1 & R6
    hey mate i wouldnt preffer kingsprings have had them before and they are pretty soft, also casue shocks to die out more quick, im running kmac springs in the s2k, sits good isnt too bumpy but it handled better when it was stock, know my shocks are starting to go i wish i just got coilovers, that way i could also adjust the ride hieght, its probally well worth getting coilovers just dont go full into then like fly said just get some bit basic unless your going on the track.
    NIGHT SHIFT EVENTS
    S2KRZY-01 s2k.
    QSR S- 04 porsche boxster S
    07 YAMAHA R1 & [IWRNU] 06 RED/WHITE R6
    www.queenstsmash.com.au