Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BC8 View Post
    yeah, i got quoted for that price ($795)by the customer relations person after i signed the contract and urged me to get the alarm

I got contacted today and he offered a price of $590 plus installation for that system.

What do you think?

He kept on bragging that it was in inbuilt and not worth the trouble to get it installed elsewhere.
    depends how much u crave that "original" feeling!...for me, i wouldn't even BOTHER with any alarm, nobody listens to them, and the money is better spent on insurance anyway. but my advice to you would be still go aftermarket and have it installed at a good place. plenty of places will do it dodgy, but if u have it done at a reputable place, you get a lot more for your money than going original.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Civic Sports
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkie View Post
    i wouldn't even BOTHER with any alarm, nobody listens to them, and the money is better spent on insurance anyway.
    Granted, nobody listens to alarms (I had mine go off the other day when I was at the petrol station and didn't get a glance from anyone), having an alarm system DOES lower the cost of insurance, though I don't know if it's a big enough reduction to justify.

agree. No one really looks at the car when it goes off. Its only good if you are at home or very close by so if it goes off you could hear it and attend.
    Im thinking of installing additional security like either a footlocking unit or pivot security starter. Its not gonna be thief proof but it will delay the process of getting the car stolen

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by BC8 View Post
    yeah, i got quoted for that price ($795)by the customer relations person after i signed the contract and urged me to get the alarm

I got contacted today and he offered a price of $590 plus installation for that system.

What do you think?

He kept on bragging that it was in inbuilt and not worth the trouble to get it installed elsewhere.
    bargain $450 - 500, and take it.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    I thought the 'original' alarms in the VTI-L and Sport come from the factory and the ones put in the VTI by the dealer no matter where you get it done are simply aftermarket ones?

I got an aftermarket one, my only problem was with the installer, though it was fixed to my satisfaction in the end..

I paid under $400 installed.. I just got a simple 'upgrade' alarm, its tied into the normal honda key locking mechanism. It triggers from any door (or boot & bonnet) being opened. It also does motion but only if you hit the car with something real hard, bumping won't set it off..

I mainly got it as my car window on my previous car had been smashed twice right outside my house. At least now I will know immediately when it happens and can get out there before the $hit half rips appart my interior like last time..
    Last edited by Joele; 04-01-2008 at 07:46 AM.

try lifestyle in parra.. they do good alarms and i think with lifetime guarantee.
    their installation guys are tops too
    they cost a little extra but its definitely worth it
    Front wheel drive is for the feeble.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    its disqualified hun, not suspended lol. im more hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by minix33 View Post
    try lifestyle in parra.. they do good alarms and i think with lifetime guarantee.
    their installation guys are tops too
    they cost a little extra but its definitely worth it
    can you give me the address and some quotes? i might get one installed for my civic

2 Windsor Road
    North Parramatta NSW 2151

They are opposite the m2 entrance/exit where supercheap and hogs breath is.
    alarms range from cheap to stupidly expensive. you would have to go get quotes yourself.
    Front wheel drive is for the feeble.

-Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    its disqualified hun, not suspended lol. im more hardcore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 2007
    any from Brisbane?? I'm getting my civic in 2 days time~~~

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Rice Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmondjai View Post