Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD MYO7

civic vti my07 second hand car

hi guys my friend just bought a second hand honda civic vti black colour from dealer
    the mileage about 14000 km
    the transmission is manual
    with 16 " sport alloy wheel ,ipod adaptor.
    he bought it for $22000 driveway . The asking price about $23888 and also he get the extended warranty from delaer for 3 years plus 2 years on manufacturer warranty total 5 years

what do you guys think, is it a good price or normal or he get ripped off ?

For future reference these how much type threads aren't allowed:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announc...php?f=107&a=12

I'm sure the dealer could have gone down to 20k or so. Cars lose a huge chunk of value the moment you first turn that engine on and drive out the dealers driveway lol.
    Last edited by markCivicVti; 04-01-2008 at 04:01 PM.

i would have bought a new one if i had to fork out that price. who knows what would have happened in that 14,000k

14000k? isnt that quite a lot for my07?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanc View Post
    14000k? isnt that quite a lot for my07?
    not really...depends hold old (as in, was it bought at the start of the year or towards the end) the car is, and the average mileage is 15,000-20,000kms per year.
    Last edited by wilkie; 05-01-2008 at 12:04 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD MYO7
    as far as i know that car released on January 2007... so the mileage still acceptable...

no it's not about when the car was released, it's about when it was originally BOUGHT. if the previous owner bought it the month before they sold it, that means they did 14,000kms in *one month* which is very very extreme usage! but then again that is unlikely

Member Array
    Car:
    Ex 07 Civic Driver
    Ripped off. Used car with 14000 kms for more than RRP of a new one ($21490)!!!

I wouldn't have paid anywhere near that.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post
    Ripped off. Used car with 14000 kms for more than RRP of a new one ($21490)!!!

I wouldn't have paid anywhere near that.
    that price is without on roads though...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Vti
    Funny the asking price however was about the same as a new one... I would have thought they could have done better than 22,000

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    i would have gone for the new car option! 14,000 is alot. the new car price would of come very close indeed.
    Ive sold a new one for a very similar price!

but remember in vic, used car stamp duty is 4% of the purchase price and only 2.5% on a new car. Hence why 2nd hand arnt that cheap!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I would have bought a new one at full price for $24,490 driveaway rather than a 2nd hand one for $22,000.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2