Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 07
    is there any way to retrofit a self-levelling and washing system to aftermarket retrofitted projectors?

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    I'd guess that you would still have to get your modded headlight engineer approved after installing the leveller and washer.

For those after actual performance from their headlights I highly recommend adjusting them accurately. If your car has ever been in an accident then the headlights almost certainly need re-aligning.

Have a read of this - http://www.international-auto.com/in...m?fa=ad&aid=54

One thing that’s wrong with that article is that it states “Now, make a new horizontal line ("H2") parallel to and 3 inches lower than H1.“ Rather than taking an arbitrary 3” you should used the % dip marked on your lamps and calculate how far below the H1 line that H2 should be. For example on my Euro its 1.3%. So if the wall you are adjusting your lights on is 3M (300cm)away, then the H2 line should be –

300 X 0.013 = 3.9CM

The lights on most cars have a little cross-hair style marking on the lens that gives you an accurate point to measure the height of your lights so you can mark your measuring wall accurately.

The lights on the Euro are one moulding for high and low beam, so in that case you get the low beams right, and high beam should follow. Getting low beam right is your first priority on any car. The low beams should line up with the H2 line (a the specified % dip) and the high beam should line up with H1, or exactly parallel to the ground. The kink in the low beam should line up directly in front of each lamp (horizontally), as should the centre of the high beam. As the article says its easiest to cover each light in turn and adjust the other.

There is more good info about aiming on the Daniel Stern site - And - http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

Note that both sites are referring to LHD markets, as Australia is RHD you will expect the beam to tilt up to the left, not the right as in the diagrams on both of those sites. The Euro HID projector lights have a step rather than a tilt, the beam should be adjusted vertically to the lower (right hand) level, with the step adjusted horizontally to be directly in front of each lamp.
    Last edited by one4spl; 15-01-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howy View Post
    How would eagle eyes solve the problem?

If you're gonna have HIDs in them then it still wouldn't be legal right?
    i was joking. It doesnt solve the problem. It is my current mod hopefully to be installed a few weeks with HIDs. It will be much better than stock lamps fitted with HIDs

Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    i was joking. It doesnt solve the problem. It is my current mod hopefully to be installed a few weeks with HIDs. It will be much better than stock lamps fitted with HIDs
    i have plenty of friends (who are mainly cheap :P) who would say stock lamps are better, but i definitely agree that projector headlamps are fantastic ^_^

lol, love the way you used the words cheap and stock together

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    just another question, does the stock '07 civic vti have reflectors or projectors?

all 8th gen civics come with reflectors

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 07
    yeah. IT'S A JOKE!! I wish the civic's could've been built better. Especially the rims, what a joke. 15 inch? and 65 profile?? It makes anyone who wants to put 18s or 19s on face the danger of badly working ABS brakes which would take ages to work. At least Holden commodores etc come standard with 17s and the 19 inch upgrades on them are actually legal. shame on you Honda Civic manufacturers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SaBReT00tH View Post
    yeah. IT'S A JOKE!! I wish the civic's could've been built better. Especially the rims, what a joke. 15 inch? and 65 profile?? It makes anyone who wants to put 18s or 19s on face the danger of badly working ABS brakes which would take ages to work. At least Holden commodores etc come standard with 17s and the 19 inch upgrades on them are actually legal. shame on you Honda Civic manufacturers!!!
    Commodores with 17's don't cost $20,000 ish + ORC either.

How on earth does having 15 inch tyres reflect the build quality of the vehicle?

And please explain why the ABS system would not work correctly, if someone replace the stock wheels with 18 inch rims with 215-225/40 r18 profile tyres on.

Like the saying goes, you get what you paid for...

PS. Wasn't this topic about HID's?
    Last edited by NeoNode; 17-01-2008 at 09:43 PM.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNode View Post
    PS. Wasn't this topic about HID's?
    Nice one there NeoNode!!! back to the topic... what do you guys think about putting Angel Eyes + Xenon Bulb (instead of HID)?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

i say go with the angel eyes, and think a bit on how white/blue u want ur lights. halogens are the dullest, xenon gas filled bulbs are whiter and HIDs are the whitest. it all depends on looks. i think also xenon gas filled bulbs burn the hottest, but not sure.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkie View Post
    i say go with the angel eyes, and think a bit on how white/blue u want ur lights. halogens are the dullest, xenon gas filled bulbs are whiter and HIDs are the whitest. it all depends on looks. i think also xenon gas filled bulbs burn the hottest, but not sure.
    I think you've go a bit confused!

Xenon gas filled bulbs and HIDs are one and the same thing. They do not have a fillament like halogen-tungsten bulbs.

Xenon gas filled HIDs run cooler than traditional halogen-tungsten bulbs.

From a legal point of view.......it is not worth it IMO to fit the washers and self leveling unless the car you have has that as an option (even then it will be $$$). Don't forget that it is not just the self leveling motor but also the sensor you need to install which actuates the motor.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq