Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee

Car wont start..

sigh after changing my dizzy my alarm etc etc.. car still has some issues starting.. i just changed the fuel filter and snapped the bolt in the process found a replacement and added a few too many washers not sure whether its still leaking though but yeah still the main problem is car doesnt want tos tart.. it cranks then just cuts out but continues cranking.. sigh.. time for an engine swap? or would taking it to a mechanic be of help? anybody here from around strathfield area take a look at it for me.. ive only very absic knowledge about mechanics.. >< HELP!!!
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

have you checked the battery? and/or battery terminals? make sure its a clear connection so it gets enough power to start *shrugs*

Member Array
    Car:
    scooby doobydoo
    main relay? does the fuel pump prime with ignition on? (reds)
    EPisode3 : revenge of the civic

what replacement "bolt" did you use in the fuel filter ? you might of used a normal bolt and the fuel cannot get thru.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    yeah checked the terminals their good, fuels getting into the engine though so thats why im really stumped.. my mate goes i mightve flooded the motor when i changed the filter pulled out all the plugs they were dry as a bone but when i put em back in car started. nrma came to inspect the car they didnt see any problem with it -_- just that my filter was seeping out fuel.. getting a replacement bolt tomorrow no idea where to go anybody got one lying around?
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

take a foto dude of the bolt you "replaced" ok.

There should be a small 12mm bolt ontop , then a washer , then a larger 17mm bolt and then another washer.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    so the car started after you checked your plugs and re-installed them??

How old are these plugs?

Before you said you had it started i was thinking ignition switch or main relay.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    yeah ive been told it was the main relay a few times the brown thing udnerneath the dash yeah? i dont think it was that giving me the problem.. like yeah i heard hondas soemtimes had those problems u give it a bit of a wiggle or a flick it jumps properly again or something? nah there not old 5000kms maybe they ngk iridiums? so im prety sure they not the plugs..
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    take a foto dude of the bolt you "replaced" ok.

There should be a small 12mm bolt ontop , then a washer , then a larger 17mm bolt and then another washer.
    nah it was a 10 mm on top and it wasnt very long maybe around 12mm long.. its the screw that sits ontop of those L shaped hose that connects onto one of the **** of the fuel filter.
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

did you check spark plugs?

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    yeah did that car starts now.. unfortunately got another issue now..
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    this is the last resort, you might want to check your smatra (antenna around your ignition).