Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Even with the seats down, the opening of the boot is not huge to fit in big boxes... compare to jazz, which is a hatch, and the lid open upwards, you can fit big boxes thru the back. But with Euro, big box cant go in, but long boxes can go in with the seat folded down.
    spose so..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    i just checked my tyre pressure (i have the stock 16" wheels and some normal tyres nothing fancy) and they were all on 40psi i put them down to 34psi, whats the downfall of having a high psi like 40? would that increase fuel consumption or ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    i just checked my tyre pressure (i have the stock 16" wheels and some normal tyres nothing fancy) and they were all on 40psi i put them down to 34psi, whats the downfall of having a high psi like 40? would that increase fuel consumption or ?
    Will improve fuel consumption.........

But then you will wear your tyres in the middle and handling will be..

......no flex.....
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin086 View Post
    Will improve fuel consumption.........

But then you will wear your tyres in the middle and handling will be..

......no flex.....
    Be careful of blanket statements. With higher psi, whether the tyres will wear in the middle or not, and whether the handling will be worse or better, will depend on the tyre, the psi and the load carried on the tyres. Many tyres will handle better at higher psi, others less so.

Right now I have 38psi in my front tyres and 45psi in the rears (stock size 195/60/15). Neither front nor rear are wearing abnormally, and grip / handle better at these pressures than when pressure is reduced (I've experimented with this quite a lot). Note that these pressures work with the particular tyres fitted to my car, and the tyres are a different brand front and back (reflected in the different psi I have in the front vs rear).

Not all tyres will like 45 psi, my front tyres behave strangely at 45psi, but quite OK at 38 (and less well below this). My rear tyres are good at 45psi, but feel and act as if underinflated at 38psi...

Emmm... we are talking about Euros... and they dont come with 15"

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Emmm... we are talking about Euros... and they dont come with 15"
    All my statements above apply in general to all tyres, the principles are identical regardless of tyre size or car etc. Where I mentioned specific pressures I made it clear that these pertained to the particular tyres I have fitted on my car. Please read my post more carefully.