engine died helppp

hi guys my d16a8 eg si just shat itself i need to know what engines can blot straight in with same box mounts etc... so just new engine dont have the cash for bseries..... so not going there
    anyhelp would be gratefull

cheers

chris
    ..... SEX SPEC .......... TREND SETTERS .....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    umm any D series
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    its a d16a8, its a twin cam no vtec engine, right? the first d series twin cam.

you better check too, not sure whether d16y single cam will bolt straight in with the existing mount. I bet ECU will be different too.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Just try and get the the same engine,d16a8 to keep it simple as possible.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    EG SI motor is the way to go.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Eg4 GSI
    Any D- series B-series will bolt aslong as they are fuel injected bro.Unless your is a Carby will still fit but needs alot of parts for it.

For b-series you need the ecu, D-series also needs a ECU. but if you just want a bolt in and no playing around with wires just get the same engine as stated by Shadou

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    The D16A8 DOHC has the same power as the D16A SOHC VTEC (96kw) so just get another D16A8 and get it reconditioned, perhaps with more aggressive cams ftw
    .© ♪

get another d16a8.
    Dont get any other D series engine as it will require other misc parts/wires/ECU , also The INNER driveshaft splines maybe different (the D16a8 uses the largest out of the d series)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan B16a2
    Just go the D16a8, Still a great engine as far as response and power in its stock form, simplifies the work required significantly and still a good result