Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    It's like England.. sure, theyve got the best soccer players on paper.. but where are they for Euro 08 ?

....lol... as per 99% of this thread: Civic > Lancer y0
    HCCM #12

Mivec.. hAHAHAHAHHAa.. Vtec all the way..

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    this was actually a major debate for me about a month ago.. I decided to go for the new lancer simply because it offers much more value for roughly the same $$$

I do still love Honda's but in the real world with certain budget I just can't justify buying a new Civic Vti-L over the new Lancer VR. I still have and love my EG, but the Lancer is a better drive compared to the FD imo ( I drove both extensively before buying ) hence the decision on buying it.

I agree on the brand recognition that Honda > Mitsu , but to say that the lancer feels sluggish is simply saying that the Civic feels worse. They are both by no means a sports car but with bigger engine, the Lancer feels more responsive than the Civic.

As for the interior, the Civic feels somehow cramped due to massive dash which also gives me trouble checking oncoming traffic when I wanted to make turns. Also I dont quite like the grey plastic they use in the Civic. Civic does have bigger capacity boot and better view from the rear view mirror, while Lancer's rear view mirror is next to useless and the boot isn't quite as big. And I like the flat rear floor of the Civic.

However, the overall value of the Lancer is far better when you add in auto headlamp, rain sensing wipers, 7 airbags, 2.0L 113kw engine, and in my case free sunroof.. the price quoted after haggling for the Vti-L at the time was $27,099 with all the usual stuff (carpet, tint, full tank of petrol, 3yr warranty) and the Lancer was $27,199 with sunroof, carpet, tint, 5yr warranty and 5yr NRMA roadside assist..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FG Falcon XR6T
    I was actually considering both a FD1 or a Lancer VRX at one stage, only reason was that i chose the FD1 is for the finishes and quality and with the Lancer i reckon its a bit cheap and plastic

even tho lancer has a new shell.. they devalue like their is no tomorrow...
    the fd has retained its value pretty well.. for a 2nd hand.. ur still looking at over 20k...

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    hmmm the lancer does have better features.
    love the front but the back looks like a busted arse!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick108 View Post
    even tho lancer has a new shell.. they devalue like their is no tomorrow...
    the fd has retained its value pretty well.. for a 2nd hand.. ur still looking at over 20k...
    That is very true ... very good point made.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    specs on paper dont really mean much. a while back there was a comparison between mirage cyborg ZR and civic Si-R where the mirage was more powerful and lighter, but was still slower. here is the link for it

http://asia.vtec.net/side/cyborg/

So does the new lancer beat a FD1 in acceleration to 80/100kmh? I'd assume so... but then again apparently the FD1 gets up to 100 quicker than the FD2 (atleast aus spec).. weight being a factor apparently... then the torque of the 2lt lets the FD2 beat it beyond somewhere near 100km/h.

I may have misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    So does the new lancer beat a FD1 in acceleration to 80/100kmh? I'd assume so... but then again apparently the FD1 gets up to 100 quicker than the FD2 (atleast aus spec).. weight being a factor apparently... then the torque of the 2lt lets the FD2 beat it beyond somewhere near 100km/h.

I may have misinformation.
    dunno abt lancer, but with FD1 & FD2... I've tested it a VTI-L auto vs Sports Auto... for the first 2-3 seconds theyre equal, then the VTI-L leading for the next 2 secs and then the Sports catching up after the 3rd gear and when it goes 4th gear the VTI-L driver can see the Sports fuel tank cap (he drives on the left of the sports)

^_^

but with the lancer, somehow i would like to test the Ralliart version (if its out in Oz)

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

i would assume the vti-l being the slowest of all the fds?
    because its got the same engine as the vti.. but with more stuff?
    air bags.. cd change.. climate control..??

Quote Originally Posted by warwick108 View Post
    i would assume the vti-l being the slowest of all the fds?
    because its got the same engine as the vti.. but with more stuff?
    air bags.. cd change.. climate control..??
    hahahah sooooo true!

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family