Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 334041424344 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    No, CRV gets some half-offroad tyres.
    Strange that they are having same issues but different tyres ?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by LXRY View Post
    Yes I agree it is a diagnostic bulletin.....

Bulletins released for this problem :- 3rd June 2005, 3rd October 2006 and 12 January 2007 for the same issue !! Strange ??

I think they released 3 bulletins till now and still got issues aaronng, you'de think they would of fixed this issue by now don't you think ?
    I've got the master cylinder bulletin that has been updated many times since it came out in the 90's, covering almost all Honda models. My 2004 still has the same problem.. they couldn't even redesign it to fix the fault after 14 years.

I'm no expert but why would you adjust the frame if the tyres are faulty....are the tyres going to be the same all the time if they are faulty or would you have to adjust the frame through the life of the tyres? If the tyres are faulty and only pull one side ONLY....then flip them over and should pull to the left.
    The fix depends on the dealer. I wouldn't have let them adjust my subframe if it was my car. I'd go to a tyre place and put in my own alignment settings. BTW, have you found out your alignment settings on your car yet?

Read a thread on this where Honda in Canada/America paid for and installed camber kit through dealership cause they couldn't rectify this problem not lowered either, still didn't fix the issue completely but customer was satisfied cause not as severe as before but still evident.
    There is a fix in the US where they replace a camber arm because the camber ended up out of spec even from the factory. But since you have the camber kit already, you should be able to get it adjusted to stop the pulling.

Or maybe it's just me cause after several attempts Honda Dealership still can't get my steering wheel straight..something that should be simple operation. This may be the cause of it all, my steering wheel not straight so i think my car pulls to the right, lmao. (quote bulletin above^^^^)
    Try a different tyre place for alignment. First place I used had the same issue. Steering wheel pointing to the right by a significant amount. What happened is that they adjust only for total toe and not for left and right toe because they were lazy.

Honda Aust. offered tyres to me Aaronng I declined as this as quoted by SthEastern Service manager himself admitted this wouldn't rectify the problem

My car a bent lemon....
    So, are you able to find out the alignment settings used by your tyre guy during the alignment? When I was driving around your area, I noticed that the roads are slanted the opposite way to the usual camber in. One bend had the road curved to the left but the road was sloping to the right! Very odd experience driving through that with my car as my car is setup such that it tramlines and pulls to the side under camber.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Strange that they are having same issues but different tyres ?
    Is this the new facelifted CRV or the previous one?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Is this the new facelifted CRV or the previous one?
    As far as I know previous model not the new facelift model Aaronng, I will check again though. Is their any difference Aaronng ?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    As far as I know previous model not the new facelift model Aaronng, I will check again though. Is their any difference Aaronng ?
    The new model is significantly different from the previous one. I was asking because I have driven a 2003 CRV Sport auto, and didn't find any pulling with that one. I wonder if the one you drove had its alignment out of spec from hitting a curb or similar.

Hi All,

I bought my Euro 2nd hand back in Nov. 07, and when I got it, I did notice it was always pulling to the left and was esspecially noticeable on highway driving. When I got the car, it had just had 2 new front tyres fitted (Pirelli)and the rears were about 3 months old (Michelin). (OEM Honda 17" Wheels)

Today I finally booked the car into Beaurepairs for a 4 wheel alignment. To my suprise, when I went to pick the car up, they didn't want to charge me anything!? They said they couldn't totally fix the problem!? The guy said they had improved it, but could not totally fix the alignment because he said some part somewhere in the steering/suspension must be bent. He said it's not "accident bent", but was probably caused by a pot-hole or curb.

Anyway, driving it home, it felt pretty much perfect. I wont know for sure untill I get out on a flat section of highway. It bothers me though that somethng is not right (My other concern was they didn't charge me because they did something to my car that I don't know about yet, but I doubt it.)

Please see attached the before/after adjustment values. Do these values look within spec.? Should I be worried about this?

S.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0874_2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	7815  

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ^^ Your alignment specs look within specs after the alignment.

Mine MY05 Euro, now on different than oem 040 tyres (some kind of Kumho I think, can't remember, its been on for last 15K Kms), pulls constantly to the left these days, after laser alignment. Its been like this since day 1 after changing the tyres. Before that, it was neutral but more susceptible to pulling right than the left. Now its the opposite.

As I'm said numerous times, it doesn't make a lot of sense to blame it on the OEM tyres. Don't compared 16s with 17s either, big profile difference.

Something wrong with the design somehow. I'm sure if I wanted to follow up the issue a bit more I could fix the problem as it was rather neutral before.

I just didn't think it bothered me enough in my situation, although for others I could envisage it being a bit of a pain always fighting the wheel.!

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Lux, 6SPD SS
    My 2002 Gen 2 CRV Sports Auto tracks perfectly neutral. Wish my Euro tracks similiar to my CRV.

The new model is significantly different from the previous one. I was asking because I have driven a 2003 CRV Sport auto, and didn't find any pulling with that one. I wonder if the one you drove had its alignment out of spec from hitting a curb or similar.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    thread reviver. Just wanted to ask a few questions about the euro leaning on one side. My euro pulls really hard to the right, and it can be shown now since my outside of the tyre is completely worn. I have gone for 2 suspension checks. The first one told me I needed my front lower control arm replaced because it is bent, causing a postive camber on the right. The second mechanic however, told me to replace the UPPER control arm so I can replace the ball joint and rectify the positive camber. All I want to know is, will adjusting the camber to negative but ignoring the "slightly" bent control arm an issue??

Thanks all!!
    06 Lux Auto Arctic Blue

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Razer View Post
    thread reviver. Just wanted to ask a few questions about the euro leaning on one side. My euro pulls really hard to the right, and it can be shown now since my outside of the tyre is completely worn. I have gone for 2 suspension checks. The first one told me I needed my front lower control arm replaced because it is bent, causing a postive camber on the right. The second mechanic however, told me to replace the UPPER control arm so I can replace the ball joint and rectify the positive camber. All I want to know is, will adjusting the camber to negative but ignoring the "slightly" bent control arm an issue??

Thanks all!!
    Best to replace the lower control arm if it is bent. Having camber adjustability would be nice though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Best to replace the lower control arm if it is bent. Having camber adjustability would be nice though.
    I just ordered a front camber kit for my car, then i'll see how it goes. The mechanic at the workshop told me it was a "possible" bend and it would be 0.5mm max. He also said that most cars aren't really straight anyways from hitting kurbs and potholes, and that it should be fine. Seeing as you recommended me to replace the arm aaron, I might replace it if the problem still persists. Then that means it will be my fourth allignment this year.....damn do I feel my wallet getting light from just the allignments.....
    06 Lux Auto Arctic Blue