Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i guess i did, when i saw it flat i immediatley inflated it, and every day kept putting it to 40psi buti guess before i noticed it; imust of been driving on it for awhile

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    yeah man
    I reckon you ran over a nail way to close to the edge and in turn has been stuck there, going deeper with each rotation, thus hurting ur inner wall of your tyre.

Had you run over the nail/screw dead centre, you probably would have heard this clinging sound each rotation from 1 of ur corners, then you may of checked and seen the nail/screw.

I ran over a screw, was chrome so was easy to spot after driving on it and thinking wtf is that.
    pulled over checked the tyre immediately knew wat it was after driving about 10m, I pulled the screw out straight away, it started leaking air as it does, drove it 400m to my nearest servo, $15 and 5minutes of work, they put (i think) a new peice of rubber into the hole, good as new,
    just unlucky it happened on the side and u didnt notice it i spose.

40psi is a bit rich for 18s with that measurement isnt it?
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by steve88 View Post
    here are some photos of the bead at birds eye view if this helps

yeh he said the same thing, i was wondering if the damage was too minute to consider a new tyre but from what you guys are saying he isn't trying to rip me off so i might as well go pick up a new one tommorow for 140
    Damn that's bad!!! Yeah, get a new one... And next time just give your tyres a little visual test to see if they are flat before driving off.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

yeh u definitely need a new one.

repairing that would risk it to bubble up and eventually explode!

Quote Originally Posted by FAT VTI View Post
    yeah man
    I reckon you ran over a nail way to close to the edge and in turn has been stuck there, going deeper with each rotation, thus hurting ur inner wall of your tyre.

Had you run over the nail/screw dead centre, you probably would have heard this clinging sound each rotation from 1 of ur corners, then you may of checked and seen the nail/screw.

I ran over a screw, was chrome so was easy to spot after driving on it and thinking wtf is that.
    pulled over checked the tyre immediately knew wat it was after driving about 10m, I pulled the screw out straight away, it started leaking air as it does, drove it 400m to my nearest servo, $15 and 5minutes of work, they put (i think) a new peice of rubber into the hole, good as new,
    just unlucky it happened on the side and u didnt notice it i spose.

40psi is a bit rich for 18s with that measurement isnt it?
    that piece of rubber you are talking about is called a road plug, which is designed for temporary use only.

i would recommend you taking it to a tyre shop and getting them to put whats called a combie in it which is very well reliable

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    haha ,
    with the rate i go through tyres, It will be ready for rotation or replacement soon anyway.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....