Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by ricki_kalsi View Post
    Also... Adding stickers actually reduces weight! :P
    :O, im going outside to sticker mache my car right now!

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    hehe.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    Hey guys, do you think if you replaced a steering wheel in the DA with another non honda one it would be defectable? The guys at motoquip said you only need an engineering cert if the wheel is under 300mm in diameter, because it doesnt have an airbag...

Your thoughts?

Anything non-standard is defectable. In saying that you're more likely to get in trouble ifyou replaced an airbag'd wheel with a non-airbag'd wheel.
    78 Civic "Hondamatic"

WTB: 4x120 Wheels. Any kind!

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2-R
    If it has an air bag don't replace it. If it doesn't bring on the Nardi Deep Dish!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    That's full of shit.

Front and rear seats don't weight 16 and 13KG respectively.
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    if only they didnt cost so much

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    shebangs, you comparing that to an integra or your EG? im just quoting the site as well, and its american... by that i mean the seats they use in their models may weigh a bit more, i dno why they would though
    Last edited by LaZaZaL89; 15-02-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZaZaL89 View Post
    shebangs, you comparing that to an integra or your EG? im just quoting the site as well, and its american... by that i mean the seats they use in their models may weigh a bit more, i dno why they would though
    No, I used to have a DC2. And I've stripped the interior of both the DC2 and EG.
    #

Member Array
    Car:
    cupacino
    correct me if im rong DC2R 1087KG ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    hmmm, ur probs right, im started to think this site is full of shit in many ways LOL

EDIT: you are right, according to drive, the kerb weight of the dc2r is 1087kg, im gonna go through and delete all the amounts of weight
    Last edited by LaZaZaL89; 15-02-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    I just removed all interior trims excluding door trims and upper dash from my car. This included passenger seat, all seat belts, rear seat, roof lining, carpet, centre console, stereo and speakers, tools, spare wheel, floor brace, both airbags, bonnet, rear wing, AC system and stock wheels.

Will be refitting carbon bonnet and rear wing, Sparco wheel, Bride seat, 6 point cage, Carbing front strut bar and Takata harness. I'd be amazed if I got 50kgs off the car. When it's all done I might get her on the weighbridge and compare to standard weight of 1150kgs.

It's one thing to strip a car, but retaining it's daily driven characteristics is another thing. When stripping cars out for racing you have to add other things which increases weight. All in the name of safety I guess.
    Last edited by m0nty ITR; 15-02-2008 at 08:23 PM.