Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    THANK U!!! I didn't mind not having a car for a month,I live close to work and it was something different to always having ya car but yeah at times it got me down.It was more not knowing what the problem was than anything.I still was buying parts the last month though,I knew we would get it going sooner or later.
    Driving her again will be like good sex,haha,maybe not but ya get what I mean

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Now the idle is fluctuating,only when it's in Park or neutral (automatic car).It revs up up to 1700rpm then drops to 1100rpm and just keeps repaeting this...
    We mucked around with the TB for half and hour and tried to fix it but no go.It drives fines,no pinging,going like a dream.it's just the idle when in P or Neutral...
    Anyone had this issue befire and might know what it is?

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    I've had in my EG VTi, but that's a manual and the problem was the TB gasket haha. You've probably already replace the gasket if you were mucking around with the TB itself.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I cleaned the TB and IM out about 3 months back,the gaskets were fine and didn't need replacing.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Also it only happens when the car is warmed up.

changed ur thermostat ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '93 EG1 PRO-JECT
    try cleaning out the Idle Air Control Valve (warm idle controller)

heres a gud diy that includes servicing the Fast Idle Thermo Valve (cold idle controler)

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259965
    14.7psi = atmospheric pressure at sea level = NA!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    Im using solid torque mounts as well. My seat vibrates so much it tickles the back of my balls lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    hey dude same shit happening with my civic atm.. apparently ive been told the thing that warms up your engine faster when u first start it. ie. the thing that makes u revs high then slowly drop is actually fukd.. mine goes crazy the first 5 minutes up and down but i dont seem to be having an issue with the engine or car itself.
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Account Disabled Array
    your cold idle control valve is screwed up. That needs replacing and it should fix the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks Benson! Will replace!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    That's on the TB right? Is it just a matter of removing the old one and putting in a new one?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I will be spending the day at the mechanics on Thursday.I will clean the cold idle control valve out with carby cleaner,adjusting the tappets and a few other things and we will see how she runs then.