Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cv Joint!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO '07 LE
    I would say its worth the effort changing the wheels b4 you take it in for them to have a look at. As the euro comes with 17s it shouldnt be an issue anyway but i wouldnt risk it. They could still argue the wheels are inferior or do not match the original measurements like width or something.

i know how u feel......a shakey steering wheel is one of the worst driving experiences and its only going to get worse if u leave it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Someone at the TSX forums had a similar problem. Turns out one of the front driveshaft was slightly out. He changed it and car was fine again. So get it covered under warranty.

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/show...heel+vibration
    Last edited by aaronng; 18-02-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Accord Euro
    UPDATE!!!

I've taken it down to CV Joint center and they had a look at it on the hoist, turns out that the pinon had slidden out by 2-3mm so they knocked it back in. Seems not to be nearly as shakey as it was.

UPDATE!!

Unlucky for me this didn't fix the problem, so it looks like its off with the CV's and on with some new ones! Darn!
    Last edited by melloy_honda; 18-02-2008 at 10:12 PM.
    2003 Honda Accord Euro

K&N Sports Filter - 17"x7" ROH Mantis Wheels - OEM Driving Lights - Dark-As Tinted Windows...

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    ive got the same vibration and guess what it happens when i hit 80 - 110... and guess what else i also got new brake pads...

i got Project mu front and rear pads

I think its the rear pad thats causing it cause it started after i got the pads
    I dont think the CVs are going ... they are known by a loud knocking noise while turning .. trust me ive had them go on a car before..

Im gettin my brakes looked at again and i bet its that ... maybe the disc needs machining when new pad is added
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Accord Euro
    Hey all,
    Well it was deffinately the inner cv on the right side that was worn, they replaced it and now it drives as smooth as the day i got it. AWN extended warrenty picked up the bill too. So ALL good!
    2003 Honda Accord Euro

K&N Sports Filter - 17"x7" ROH Mantis Wheels - OEM Driving Lights - Dark-As Tinted Windows...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by BraXta View Post
    ive got the same vibration and guess what it happens when i hit 80 - 110... and guess what else i also got new brake pads...

i got Project mu front and rear pads

I think its the rear pad thats causing it cause it started after i got the pads
    I dont think the CVs are going ... they are known by a loud knocking noise while turning .. trust me ive had them go on a car before..

Im gettin my brakes looked at again and i bet its that ... maybe the disc needs machining when new pad is added
    I sounds like the same problem i had, the inner CV doesn't make a knocking noise when you turn the wheel. I think it was $180ish for the inner CV, but as i said the warrenty people picked up the bill.
    2003 Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    ahhh ok then... ill give it a shot ill goto my mechanic first to see what he sez then if it is ill goto honda =D
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar