Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how many kw?

Id recommend an enclosed pod fed with cool air, quality extractors and a 2 1/4 exhaust system

JDM ITR extractors are good.....but not the best

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1230

Muhahahahha 8)

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    dek, don't mean to be rude but you can't expect us to explain all the basisc for you in this thread. It will take forever.

You need to understand the basics of an engine first and I suggest you read up a bit more. www.howstuffworks.com is a good place to start. Also have a look in the tech stickys.

If we explain one thing, chances are you'll have more questions than you started off with!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYTDR
    JDM = Japanese Domestic Market

ITR = Integra Type R

Just means extractors from a japanese Integra must be year 98+ cus before then they are same as Oz 4-2-1.

Cheers,
    Matt :wink:
    beofre 98 same design as oz spec but bigger collector

before jumping in the deep end and taking blind advice, i would sincerely advice you to do more research on Honda terms in particular relating to your B16A2 engine. websites such as www.honda-tech.com, www.clubrsx.com, www.clubsi.com, www.civicclub.com (particularly useful to you)....there a hundreds more, but theres a few to get you started. It better you learn for yourself instead of us giving you advice, which is clearly flying over your head.
    Moreover, do a quick search here on ozhonda for answers to your questions, however since this site is still very young, the knowledge database may not be great! Give it a try anyways champ!

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I'd agree with that. But they will also give bad info too and Honda-tech has a rep for not being newbie friendly
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Yeah Honda tech can be harsh. Just search, read and learn.....never post hehehe

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    You might also like to check http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f740/ - this is the Honda section of Autmotive forums and caters to all models with more than a few B16A owners.

Cheers
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

i recommend not getting any extractor system that is australian made. Shit welds.. Shit designs.. They may look good but since when does "looks" give you power??

Ive been speaking to some honda tuners in the states (well not me personally by my mechanics have), and the ppl in the states test all sorts of extractor systems on vtec motors. The best are HKS extractors for the vtec. They give most hp and torque.

But unless you have 3k to spend just on a set of extractors, then i guess you could go aussie style.. but if you do have 3k to spend, can you get me a set aswell

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yeh fark hks shiet are all expensive
    if i had a large sum of money
    id go turbo car

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    stuff the CAI! just take out your resonator box and make your own pvc piuping going from your air box throught the bumper hole and underneath the headlight VOILA! DIY ICE BOX...JDM ITR 4-1 its good choice it'll cost you about 900 (???) 2nd hand and any other headers around this price will give you similar perf. keep your exhaust at 2.25" and whatever you do get a well designed mufffler or axlebaxk system (apexi N1, spoon, mugen, magnaflow oval desing*cheap!!*) or just buy a cat back system (apexi N1 costs about 1100)

Quote Originally Posted by stockie
    The best are HKS extractors for the vtec. They give most hp and torque.
    No they are not and no they don't!

As far as where they are made is concerned, I'd put my headers up against ANY on the planet for a 1.8 to 2.0 litre motor. If they don't sell they are going to be sent to the States for an up and coming header dyno shootout.

thats the first ive ever heard anyone say HKS make the best headers for b series engines. stick with hks if u have a turbo car!
    if u want a nice set of aus spec ITR headers, there is a good on the teamazm forums who is selling them for only $150!!! :shock: