Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    20psi or lower - improves 60ft thus 1/4 too.

Its to increase the contact patch onto the ground

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Also remember.... you dont HAVE do launch as soon as lights go green....
    Usually when im next to some "**** off" noisy v8.... i just let him go, wait 5 sec or so untill he gets down the track... then i can hear and feel everything perfectly and really concentrate on my launch.

You time only starts when you move off the line.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Doesn't anybody in Australia ever go to the strip to RACE anybody. It's called a drag RACE not a drag time trial or drag PB.

true....everytime we head out we try to race with the lights no matter who we up against. We were once racing for best PB, but racing against the light is so much more fun .

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    Also remember.... you dont HAVE do launch as soon as lights go green....
    Usually when im next to some "**** off" noisy v8.... i just let him go, wait 5 sec or so untill he gets down the track... then i can hear and feel everything perfectly and really concentrate on my launch.

You time only starts when you move off the line.

Yeah, all my reaction times were over 2 secs for that reason... I agree, if I were prepping for some event I would be well advised to 'work the tree' but it's only ever going to be a fun, once-in-a-blue-moon event for me - what'llshedo???

When you're learning, it can be very difficult to get a good launch when your cars engine sounds silent next to these other monsters!!!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    And if you launch after 5 seconds and never practice your starts you condition your body and brain that starts are not important and you will loose every time you race FOR REAL. If you want good results practice your tree work EVERY TIME you get to the line.

Just like they say you get a timeslip even if you wait 5 sec you ALSO still get one if you happen to redlight so you can bump the red every once in awhile to see if you are close or not.

And besides that it's unsafe and delays other drivers when you dally on the start line worried about your PB and helps prevent other drivers from possibly getting an extra time trial because you WASTED the line officials TIME.

Doesn't anybody in Australia ever go to the strip to RACE anybody. It's called a drag RACE not a drag time trial or drag PB.

I really dont think anyone cares if you wait a few seconds before launch .. nor do i see how it can effect anyones safety... fair enough if some shitbox brakes down on the line and oil goes everywhere... causeing a big delay...

I deffinately go to the stip to race.. but when i come up against a 11sec dunnydoor (in my 14sec car) thats makeing so much noise i cant think.. i dont really care about trying to race it... im more concentrateing on my PB's

I do agree its a good idea to learn the tree though.. as if you actually compete in a comp (jambo) its the 1 aspect where your timeing is crutial.

back ontopic - yes i htink a eg b16 is capable of a low 13 (with lots of work, money and practise)

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    fair enough all time add ups but really is a very small amount of time compared to the time usually the track is open.. and the amount of cars that go... even when its full house..

And i dont understand how if a 11sec car launches First... that a 14sec car can catch up after its launched 5sec later? (which is the example i was giving).. there is alwayes risk with drag raceing ... even in perfectly controlled conditions.. hence why you sign your life away before you race. You could have 2 15sec cars raceing together.. launching together and still end up with a fatality, lots of other things can go wrong to worry about launching together.

And sorry to say, Yes i own a street car, Yes it doesnt do super fast times, Yes im not a profession but that doesnt go to say im a nooB either. And yes big ass noisy cars next to me (that dont allow me to hear my car) does effect my lauches... and obviously others. And yes i go to the 1/4 to Race my own Pb's (as most people IMHO) and not necesselary other cars that are clearly way faster.

This is getting a bit off topic, nothing personal claymore.. feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this further