Unhappy most of the time car won't start

hi guys, i have an accord that is getting annoying.

a couple of weeks ago, my car won't start at all...
    the thing is that the lights or any of the appliences are not working. so i presume it is the batt.

after i jump start the Batt, it started running again... for a couple of days.

it just keeps on going and going until about early this week.
    about 3 out of 4 times i'm trying to start my car, i have to use the jumper cable.

a couple of days ago i brought the car to midas and super cheap to get them to check the Batt and they said its ok.

some guys said its the Batt charging system (alternator)
    and yesterday, i brought the car to Auto Masters and they said it's not the alternator, they have checked them.
    they said that I need new terminal and starter motor. and they wanted about $800 for new motor or $600 for them to repair the motors. just wondering what should I do...
    i just gave up $3100 for uni and i can't afford another $500 as it is for now.
    what can you guys suggest me to do to get this thing working

some of the things that you may need to know

may be the Batt: I hard wired my LED's straight to the Batt and thenever the car stops working, the lights, clock, radio and all the other things doesn't work either.

regulator: i don't think its the alternator becuse automaster have have checked them and they saud it ok..

ignition switch: i don't think so, because the reason is the same as the Batt

auto masters said it's the starter meter: and the wanter about $600 for this........
    any other things that should be done before i gave my car and my $600 to them?
    1995 Accord,5 speed manual,4dr,sedan custom speakers,keyless entry,LED's underdash

1. I would disconnect LED wiring from battery. Once removed, if your problems are gone, then we have deduced the problem lies in the LEDs and its wiring.

2. If still there afte disc. wiring, i suggest getting a new battery IF it has not been replaced in the past two years. Or if your battery is new, take it out and do an overnight charge.

3. If battery dies not long after use/full charge, say a few days, then its probably your alternator dying - not providing enough charge to run.

1: but the LED's been there for about 2 months and the problem just started about a month back
    2: i haven't touch the wiring (i will try that soon as well though) i have also bought a charger so will try them on tommorow night.
    3: i have not turn the car on since last week... but the lights and speakers are still OK. but the thing is taht whenever i turn the car on, it makes a sound as if it is trying very2 hard to start but it doesn't wanna start.
    1995 Accord,5 speed manual,4dr,sedan custom speakers,keyless entry,LED's underdash

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    mate,
    I reccomend u take off your led connection to the battery.
    If it is this causing the problem, its alot easier to fix, and it will take you less than 2minutes to disconnect them with a 10mm.
    I'd just do it and see, if it has no effect, then its not the problem , but if it is the problem ,you have saved yourself $600 and all for 2minutes work
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    Quote Originally Posted by tru3_k177 View Post
    3: i have not turn the car on since last week... but the lights and speakers are still OK. but the thing is taht whenever i turn the car on, it makes a sound as if it is trying very2 hard to start but it doesn't wanna start.
    thats the sound of a dead battery the slow turn over... its not trying hard at all lol

go with what fat VTI recommended.... disconnect the LED.. even just to try it out

in my old accord i installed a el cheapo alarm system was all good if i drove it day by day but leave it for 2 or 3 days the LED flashing away and because of the sound system the battery is never at full charge, a surface charge isnt enough so the LED is still flashing away drain those last bits of power

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    stick to the batt n alternator conclusions.

get to the starter motor last.
    since you know that the motor turns with a jumper.

go with the LED solution yo.
    well while your at it. might as well check grounding points.
    check that the wires aint burnt out etc etc. cause you never know..

=]

i have took out the Battery and fully charge the Batt out of the car (using external charger). and the car still won't start...

is there anyway to check the alternator and the starter motor without spending big bucks...

i have bought the car to auto masters and they said the alternator is running so it can't be that, but nothing wrong with double checking. and I have checked the wiring connections to the Batt and it all works ok... (lights and all).

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Perhaps check the Earth cables ftw
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    what exactly is happening???

everything inside the car works???
    lights
    stereo
    such and such???

but it wont start???
    does it make any noise when u turn the key?
    ticking?
    engine wind?
    when u attempt to start does the stereo and dash lights turn off - this is to see whether it actually reaches ignition mode?

maybe get some pics of the full engine bay if possible?

checked the groun d cable already and it's all connected ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    what exactly is happening??? good question

everything inside the car works??? lights, speaker, fog light, AC, coolant fan, everything but the engine
    lights
    stereo
    such and such???

but it wont start??? yep
    does it make any noise when u turn the key? it only makes a clicking sound and a very low rattling noise as if its trying to start
    ticking?
    engine wind?
    when u attempt to start does the stereo and dash lights turn off - this is to see whether it actually reaches ignition mode? yes, when i move the key to the ignition, all the other things turned off...

maybe get some pics of the full engine bay if possible? which part of the engine bay in particular? cable? fuses? any switches?
    thanx for the detailed questions though... hope this will help. my plan is getting a day off tomorow and hunt for alternator and starter motor. don't mind spending up to 200 for both as long as my car runs again. since it havent run for about 10 days now affraid that it will do more damage

i forgot to mention as well...
    when i took the Battery out, i notice that it is dated 9/11/07
    so i think it's still a pretty new Batt