Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    HIDS are supose to run cooler than normal headlights so i can't see why yours are peeling. I use to run 100w halegon globes and didn't have this issue either.

Mybe you been parking in the sun too much?
    are you sure man, i put my palm in front of my headlight with the hid's on and my hand already starts to get hot.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    its not very hot at all
    whatsoever
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    the cheap CTR style headlights on ebay.com dont seem to do this at all
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    35w H.I.D. s are hoter than 55w halogen, but won't damage your headlight housing unless you install the bulb uncorrect like touching the sides of the headlights.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    HIDS are supose to run cooler than normal headlights so i can't see why yours are peeling. I use to run 100w halegon globes and didn't have this issue either.

Mybe you been parking in the sun too much?
    HiD's run heaps hotter than standard halogens - the whiter the light the hotter it burns

i had the same issue with my previous civics - but i used the 5k halogens so i guess it's a wear and tear thing... maybe the HiD's makes the uv coating on the headlights wear out quicker...?