Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R

Question How Many Type Rs Sold this Month?

Not sure how this works as I've only been following Honda for a few months.. but last time I looked at the Honda website for sales figures, they clearly listed the Type R. In this month's announcement, the Type R figure is omitted completely.

More evidence of poor sales?

September 2007 Sales Announcement

January 2008 Sales Announcement

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Black FN2R & Prelude VTiR
    Nice find. Could be that they are selling slow and Honda don't want to advertise the fact (although they list the single digit S2k sales on there) or could be that someone forgot to copy and paste that extra row from the spreadsheet.

Honda say they sold 685 CTRs in 07:
    07 Sales totals.

I'm not sure when did they start selling? July 07?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    i feel the sales of CTR start picking up. looks more CTR on the road than last year.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    Well the Integra R isn't even listed in their showroom!

Can you even buy these new anymore?

*Edit ok you're referring to the civic oops.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Let's not speculate here. I have VFACTS sales figures. I'll import them over shortly. Just because you've seen more on the road doesn't mean they're selling well. You'd expect to see more even if sales were poor. It's not as if they're going off the road at the same rate. It's figures would be nowhere near GTI or even WRX and R32.

Never believe a press releasee from a manufacturer. VFACTS collects it's figures from the motor registries. These figures seperate demos from retails too.
    Last edited by m0nty ITR; 08-03-2008 at 08:10 AM.

really for that kind of price ... there're plenty of better cars out there.

Member Array
    Car:
    s15... corolla
    i remember talkn to a honda dealer n he was saying that only a limited number of ctr are allocated to australia per year

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    true, and limited number of CTR can keep its market value, also Honda consider CTR's target customer is limit as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by joey99 View Post
    really for that kind of price ... there're plenty of better cars out there.
    I disagree. Of course, I'm certainly not buying the Honda spiel about being the fastest as being unimportant - The "R" is supposed to stand for racing and racing without being (or trying to be) the fastest is really not racing at all! - but despite this, the Type R for me, is near perfect.

I am coming from a Peugeot 206 GTi180 and from this base, the Type R offers a perfect (and reasonably priced) upgrade. The Type R offers a sizeable performance boost, allows me to retain the level of luxury and hopefully, will provide me with greatly improved reliability.

While looking around, only two cars in the segment stood out: The GOLF GTI and the Volvo C30. I'm not brand loyal and look at cars solely on what I want from them, which is why the XR5, Mazda 3 MPS and VXR all feel by the wayside very early on. Raw speed isn't at the top of my list.

On paper, the Golf GTI was hand down the best buy - still is - but my thoughts kept coming back to the Type R. I won't bother explaining it all in this thread but at the risk of sounding stupid; I bought the car with my heart, while my head was screaming otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    I have VFACTS sales figures. I'll import them over shortly.
    Look forward to seeing them.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    Nothing wrong with an emotional connection to sway a buying decision. Cars, more than most other products, reflect something about ourselves and personality.

The Type-R did surprisingly well in Wheels Magazines Car of The Year award - despite it not being an award for performance cars. The reason is that some testers 'got it' (and loved it), while others simply complained about the firm ride (or whatever) compared to luxury sedans etc...

You don't buy a Type-R because it is the fastest or most comfortable, but because you love driving it amongst other feel good factors.

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by baeshin View Post
    i remember talkn to a honda dealer n he was saying that only a limited number of ctr are allocated to australia per year

I think they planned for an about 100 per month.If the sales figures from July to end of December '07 are accurate then sales have been on target.
    I would most likely expect Jan and Feb '08 to be weaker months for CTR sales.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by dyljoy View Post
    true, and limited number of CTR can keep its market value, also Honda consider CTR's target customer is limit as well.
    That's good. not like FD, now u can see everywhere
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit