Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Your question doesnt make a hole lot of sense. The inner spacer has to be 3mm if you are running the spoon twin block caliper that isnt on the ITR or CTR setup. Eg, gli ek or eg6 or vtir DC will all need inner spacers of 3mm. As for the outer it will vary on what wheel you run. Lower offset giving you more clearence, but depending on the style of your wheel a high offset say 42+ may clear. Its not likely but depending on the clearence behind the spokes ok you wheel. I think lyle is running a 42+ wheel so he went with a 4mm spacer. I think most people get away with 3mm spacers on the spoon setup.

The grub screw is there to limit movement between the spacer and the rotor. Rotors come with the drill and tapped hole. That hole is used to break the seal of a rotor that may be stuck to the brake hub when removing.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    hey mate... sorry the spacers are allready on the car. but if you wanted the fabricated just take the rotor to them and ask for what you want... (eg ID and OD of inside of rotor)

and i dont understand your question above ^

my spacers dont screw to the rotor... the all screw to the hub as 1 unit.. if that makes sense
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

my car is JDM ITR (96 Spec) .

but I also facing the same problem as Sexc86 ( need to put an inner spacer ).
    therefore I need to know what thickness I need to prepare.

my rotor is Project Mu SCR-Pro, but it does not have any tapped hole . ( only got 114.3x4 PCD holes )

at this stage , I m concern the inner spacer thickness (mm).

may I know how much roughly the price of inner & outer spacer ?
    Yo~~! Vtec go ! go ! go !

Check this :

Garage Sales ( Brand New items ) For sale : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83889

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    ok first mount your caliper.. and see if its dead center to the rotor... if its not you will need a inner spacer. The thickness of the spacer will depend on how far out of center the caliper sits over the rotor. Its usually 3mm though.

The out spacer will depend on the Wheel you are running

and are you saying your rotor does not have holes for the grub screws to hold onto the hub? or does the hub have a thred for the grub screws to attach too?

the rotor only got PCD holes and nothing else...

Check this :

Garage Sales ( Brand New items ) For sale : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83889

Quote Originally Posted by dynosaur View Post
    the rotor only got PCD holes and nothing else...
    No it should have 1-2 small holes for the screws to hold the rotor onto the hub too

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    maybe the jdm itrs dont have have rotor grub screws?

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    looks like your still suffering from the same problem that all spacers have and that is there is now no hub centric support for the wheel. This is the reason that most people snap wheel studs lose wheels etc. I think you will find that most race teams that run spacers still have hub centric ring support.

are you experiencing vibration at highway speeds 110-120?

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    cant say i am?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    should be ok some cars come with floating rotors from fractory i.e toyotas. THere is no probs as the wheel holds them all in place with the wheel nuts.
    I'm only runing 1 grub screw in mine, but if i need to drill it i'd prob would have not bothered.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    cant say i am?
    i noticed a slight vibration at higher speeds when i had no hub centric wheel support while i was waiting on the correct support rings for my car.

hey Sexc86 ,

what metal u use for ur inner spacer ? Aluminium (normal or aircraft ALu )? stainless steel ?

hey CTR Coupe,

where could we get the hub centric ? prefer make by Aluminium or rubber ?

thanks x2

Check this :