Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicOnBoost
    Sang call bs all you like but have a chat to Mike with the NSX about our little run up to natural arch. Also look at dave's quarter time of 14.5 with just engine mounts and intake, doesn't that say something????
    u dont have engine mounts

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    I think DC5 Integra looks ugly (especially the rear).
    Type-R looks much better but Type-S and Luxury model just doesn't do it for me as a sports car. $45K for Type-S is a joke. I'd probably just take a MY05 WRX without hesitation considering that insurance for both cars will be expensive anyway. I can't see Honda Australia selling too many of these any time soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Oh and by the way i killed an Evo 8 rolling start from 50kph to 140kph
    If had an Evo 8, I wouldn't bother running a Type R of any sort, I'll be chasing Sti's and HSV, wasting fuel in my opinion, like you running lancers ? whats the fun in that ?

We had a some guy buy a Honda Civic hatch with a Type R engine transplanted into it with pushing the factory 141kw, now with a light body shell like that you would assume it would be fast but not fast enough to beat a MY99 WRX, didn't lose by a huge margin but still lost, and it was done over and over against each other, and they are mates with each other.........go figure ?
    Last edited by Catcha; 06-11-2004 at 10:28 PM.
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Quote Originally Posted by sangsational
    u dont have engine mounts
    Now why would he let the truth get in the way of a good story?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by coladuna
    I think DC5 Integra looks ugly (especially the rear).
    Type-R looks much better but Type-S and Luxury model just doesn't do it for me as a sports car. $45K for Type-S is a joke. I'd probably just take a MY05 WRX without hesitation considering that insurance for both cars will be expensive anyway. I can't see Honda Australia selling too many of these any time soon.
    spose u could kit up the type s. looks pretty bland in standard form. for me, turning 23yr old male, rating 2 with no accident history, insurance for wrx is 3 times what i would be paying if my insurance for my type r was in my name

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Catcha
    If had an Evo 8, I wouldn't bother running a Type R of any sort, I'll be chasing Sti's and HSV, wasting fuel in my opinion, like you running lancers ? whats the fun in that ?

We had a some guy buy a Honda Civic hatch with a Type R engine transplanted into it with pushing the factory 141kw, now with a light body shell like that you would assume it would be fast but not fast enough to beat a MY99 WRX, didn't lose by a huge margin but still lost, and it was done over and over against each other, and they are mates with each other.........go figure ?

That is so true, as my signatures says:

You might be winning, but you are the ONLY one thats racing.

I think there are some truths in that. Rolling start? sneaking up on a guy from behind then flooring the pedal doing a fly-by and expecting the other dude to plant it to plant it and catch up to you isnt a rolling, thats a CHEAT.

The thing about traffic light GP is that when the car next to you revs, you rev back and nods, you know its on! the drag is acknowledge by both parties.

Unless you organise a rolling start at a stand still at the lights, and both being in the same gear instead of one dude cruising in 5 and you hammering it in 3rd on a roll, to me that isnt a fair drag and boasting about the race to your friends how you beat a Maclaren F1 on a roll makes you no hero. Then again its not wether you win or lose a race, its how you bullshit to your friends afterwards.

Its true though, as Catcha stated,.. a EVO8 driver wouldnt even waste his/her petrol on a DC5, DC2 however is more of a challenge.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    WRX's are over rated to the shithouse to put it quite frankly, rolling start i have killed over 10 in a straight line, add some corners into this and wrx will be nowhere to be seen. My DC5R is completely stock and i have beaten 180sx turbo's, s13 silvias both SR20DET and RB20T, numerous V8 commodores from VP-VX models (VT V8 ute this morning on the way to work) R32 Golf, r32 and r33 GTS-T's and the list goes on.

Catcha If you think a wrx will beat a DC5R then i would love to pull up next to you rolling start or give you a run around a track. We would see how good your WRX is then.

No doubt everyone will call bullshit but these are just a few of the cars that their owners have had the smile wiped off there face when they see the tail lights of my R

EDIT : fixed spelling

THAT is one MAGICAL DC5R
    R32 Golf IS an absolute rocketship! It would tear doors of most HIPO cars that I can think of....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by IRI
    THAT is one MAGICAL DC5R
    R32 Golf IS an absolute rocketship! It would tear doors of most HIPO cars that I can think of....

You know I would trade my rex for that Golf R32!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNH
    That is so true, as my signatures says:

You might be winning, but you are the ONLY one thats racing.

I think there are some truths in that. Rolling start? sneaking up on a guy from behind then flooring the pedal doing a fly-by and expecting the other dude to plant it to plant it and catch up to you isnt a rolling, thats a CHEAT.

The thing about traffic light GP is that when the car next to you revs, you rev back and nods, you know its on! the drag is acknowledge by both parties.

Unless you organise a rolling start at a stand still at the lights, and both being in the same gear instead of one dude cruising in 5 and you hammering it in 3rd on a roll, to me that isnt a fair drag and boasting about the race to your friends how you beat a Maclaren F1 on a roll makes you no hero. Then again its not wether you win or lose a race, its how you bullshit to your friends afterwards.

Its true though, as Catcha stated,.. a EVO8 driver wouldnt even waste his/her petrol on a DC5, DC2 however is more of a challenge.

i fully agree
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4R & EVO6(WRX killa)
    I think the new type s will be nice after i have read the article. I cannot imaginge it with jdm dc5r rims and body kit from mugen.... will look pretty stealth. Are they still running the same suspenision set up? if so will a set of tien coil overs from a dc5r fit....Hence this may be a car to consider.... a true car that encompasses the honda spirit. Come on guys, lets welcome the new type S............

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Engine mounts are only going to help in a full stop start race as per at a raceway, on the street u can get the car rolling slightly prior to the launch which makes it much easier to get the car off the line without spinning the wheels.

For all you ppl doubting the Evo 8 kill here are the specs

Max. output (EEC net) kW (PS)/rpm: 195 (265) @ 6,500
    Max. torque (EEC net) N-m (kg-m)/rpm: 355 (36.2) @ 3,500
    Max. speed km/h: 245
    Acceleration (0–100 km/h) sec.: 6.1
    Acceleration (0–400m) sec.: 14.5

The Evo 8 is alot quicker to 100kph due to the 4wd advantage off the line, over 1sec however the quarter mile time is only about 0.5secs quicker than a DC5R. Now how hard is it to figure out that rolling start it is possible to beat a Evo 8.

Criticise me all you want but the facts are there plain and simple.

Evo 8's are the slowest of the Evo's released !!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    I'd take the EVO 7 anytime over the DC5
    arrowz
    SiR