Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    according to what i have heard is that, it is illegal if you or other people can actually see the light tubes.
    having them on on while driving i dont think is a big deal.

while on the other hand... as some people think, it is only illegal if you get caught...
    1995 Accord,5 speed manual,4dr,sedan custom speakers,keyless entry,LED's underdash

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    i use to have them on my car, they came with brackets that you screw into the bottom of your kit.

yeh i didnt have any issues with them ON while driving, but i had everything hidden, just the glow was visable. also been told no RED or BLUE whatsoever cos they are emergency colours.

wire it to your handbrake switch... pull it and the lights goes on.... let it off and the lights go off... just hope that when you pull the handbrakes at the lights, the cops dont see you and come fine and defect you

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Jazz VTi
    I had a mate who got done for wiring it to the handbrake.

He pulled it at lights and let it off again and got done for having "strobe" lights!!!

Obviously they had nothing better to do

Jez

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    illegal whilst driving and they state on the boxes

"for show use only"

so meets and such are allowed just not while driving and i supposed keep off
    the main road... as in parked on the side of the road or at a servo... leave
    em off. in the end its all about common sense and consideration.

i had them on my old civic and never had any trouble. i even got pulled over for a random breath test and they didnt comment. they were red too. the rule as i was told when i got them installed is that as long as the glow can be seen and not the tube itself your alright. but you must also not have any polished or chromed parts under your car for the lights to reflect off. this seems pretty reasonable as nobody wants glare off another car when they are trying to drive. the best way to not get defected is to be nice to the cops and dont back chat.