Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    if u r going to turbo/super, vafc can't do the job, so wise up now, spend more money on better ecu for yr futher down the road plans

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by filo
    I go for the 18" wheels for now. Then probably go for my exhaust system in 2 or 3 months time. I have to put up with my rusty custom made header and 2.25 exhaust for now. Gotta save up, holiday season is coming up.

Anyone used this Apexi V-AFCII before? Is it worth putting on? I think starndard vtec comes on at 5000 rpm. Maybe its possible to put that down to say 3000 rpm before vtec kicks in. I'm not really sure if that's what this Apexi do.
    Don't both touching the HiCam crossover point - it is perfect where it is

You only need to tune the Air:Fuel ratios. There's a few kws there, and definitely more benfit than a cat back or header - the standard exhaust is pretty good as it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Prelude VTi-r
    Quote Originally Posted by tanghy
    if u r going to turbo/super, vafc can't do the job, so wise up now, spend more money on better ecu for yr futher down the road plans
    hmmmm I didn't know about that. Thanks for the info. Is turbo charging a vtec in a bb6 dreaming too high or is it doable. I think I have enough room for the turbo, I dont know about the intercooler though. What benefits will I get if I put a better ecu on a stock engine?

Quote Originally Posted by McChook
    Don't both touching the HiCam crossover point - it is perfect where it is

You only need to tune the Air:Fuel ratios. There's a few kws there, and definitely more benfit than a cat back or header - the standard exhaust is pretty good as it is.
    Yeap that's it air:fuel ratio. Thanks for confirming the power gain on having a vafc.

Thanks fellas for all your suggestions and help. I appreciate it very much
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by filo
    hmmmm I didn't know about that. Thanks for the info. Is turbo charging a vtec in a bb6 dreaming too high or is it doable. I think I have enough room for the turbo, I dont know about the intercooler though. What benefits will I get if I put a better ecu on a stock engine?
    Hit preludeonline.com and see - there are quite a lot of 5th Gen turbos... Not my thing, waste of time IMO, but as Tanghy said, VAFC won't handle it, better off with a stand alone ECU - Hondata, microtech or E-manage for example

Yeap that's it air:fuel ratio. Thanks for confirming the power gain on having a vafc.

Thanks fellas for all your suggestions and help. I appreciate it very much
    Cheers
    As for complete stand alone ECU on a stock enegine - won't make any more power than a VAFC really - there is little to nighting in ignition timing standard.

First step modifications in a 5th Gen prelude for best value
    Cam Gears - there's not a lot over standard cam timing, but enough to make the gears worth it
    Lightweight and/or underdriven pulleys - for AC compressor, Power steering pump etc
    VAFC tuned
    Complete exhaust, but only a good one - not any exhaust will make a difference - a good cat back will be OK, but be prepared to fork out big bucks for a good header if you want any gain - mugen or SMSP are the better 2
    Type S intake - I don't believe in CAIs as a general rule - they are not tuned volume

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 h22a
    yeah..follow ur bank account money bags!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Prelude VTi-r
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_ludachris
    yeah..follow ur bank account money bags!
    Aye?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 h22a
    in other words, do what ever makes u happy,
    after all this car is a keeper right?

is ur car manual

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Prelude VTi-r
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_ludachris
    in other words, do what ever makes u happy,
    after all this car is a keeper right?

is ur car manual
    oh right, and yeah this car is a keeper alright. And yes it is manual. I just bought them 18" rims and now I'm having problems with guard rubbing. I may have to get em rolled. I might as well get a new suspension kit as well 'cause I think the stock suspension had it. Anyway, after the suspension kit I probably wont do anything on the car for a while. I even cancelled my holidays overseas just to buy em rims so yeah.... gotta save up again.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 h22a
    might just get 17's and drop it 2"
    u sound like ur have a headache..

thats good that ur car is manual..beats the hel out of tiptronic..
    thats for sure..!!
    dont know about u guys, but i dont know why people bother with autospastic cars.!!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    I guess if the daily grind includes driving an hour up to work and back again, SOMETIMES it can get annoying, but then you realise you're in a car you've spent a lot of time on and it doesn't matter as much

-az

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 h22a
    nah..never get annoyed at driving manual.!!
    if anything, it makes me happy! whether im driving to the corner shop or the streets of california!