Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hmmm u sound smart, and its most probably one of those things.....

i dont know how to those spots wer it culd leak, but ill show ur thread to my friend that should know...

if its one of those spots where it comes from (the rain) how does it end up on my floor. what i mean is where abouts does the water come from to make my floor wet? because i was driving today and i have a towel on the floor and the top is mostly dry but the bottom of the towel which is on the floor is damp....

sorry if im confusing but i try the best to my ability

thanx for your input and ill let you know how i go with it..

Depends where it is blocked to where it lands in your car?
    Is you car lowered?
    Look for holes in the ground?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Sunroof is leaking mate - common 3rd gen issue

Thumbs up

cars not lowered... but i was thinking that at the start, but i highly doubt it.

yer heard alot of talk bout sunroof leaks.....

im guessing it is the sunroof....

LUD02C the thread before u posted bout how to check if a certain place on the car is leaking, was that about the sunroof??

to check if sunroof is leaking is it hard to find out if it is? should i do it or mechanic? and is it easy to fix? what is involved??

thanks heaps Mchook and lud02c......

McChook - join www.exodus-online.com if u want.... i say this cause most of the guys in this car club are from the shire also......

others welcome aswell!!

Ciao

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Thanks, I shall join

Yeah, sunroof - Check the rubber seals... After that, I have no idea - never had a 3rd gen

well i got my car serviced the other day... got them to check the sunroof and they said it was pretty full of shit on one side n a little on the other... so hopefully no more leaks!

so hopefully no more leaks from now on.....

a question 4 u people, my front right speaker and back right is making like a little crackling sound or a distortion sound or something.... watz wrong with them and can i fix??

talk to uz later

Ciao....

hey LUD02C just curious how much you selling your car for. If its 1990 does that mean you have the clear tailights? and btw how many k's have you done. Ive seen your car around on the forums, how much were those roh wheels you got?

Maltese2plz: Your rear speaker has UV ray damage and it has cracked the speaker.
    Your front one has the same problem or the wiring has come loose on the back. Very simple to fix.
    You can fit 6" splits in the front of the Preludes (3rd Gen) and you need custom made speaker pods for 6x9 at the back.

phatt_lude: Hey Mate.
    I sold the car for $5,600 (it had very minor panel damage on the right front guard)
    Clear tail lights only came on the 1991 Preludes, the 1990 had power aerial and a few other minor things different.
    The car only had 173,720km when i sold it.
    The ROH fury wheels cost me $800 for the 4 rims and $525 for the rubber (all brand new)

Any more questions, please just ask!

thanx LUD02C for the info.... ill look into the speakers... it probably is uv cause the rear window is pretty wide n attracts the sun.... iv got tinted windows, does this help block the sun or the other way??
    wen i got my service done, now when say im sitting and waiting for the lights to go, when it idles it shakes more than usual.. any knowledge why??

From my understanding the Prelude's spit fuel and air in and thats why it happens.
    I heard this from a Honda mechanic so i'm not 100% on the info.

Does it happen all the time?
    Or just when you come down a few gears quick on a hot day or what?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda Prelude Si
    I have a 1988 prelude also.

I am experiencing this also. When i'm idling at lights (around 800 rpm) it shudders a bit, like it's struggling. But if i touch the pedal a bit and hold it on about 850-900 it's fine. I was thinking i might just tweak the trottle and raise the idle speed a little, because this is starting to annoy me.

Also, does anyone else have problems with alot of rattles inside the car (driver door handle/lock for one). Also, if i near redline i get a rattling/buzzing sound in behind (or atleast from that direction) the centre console/glove box.

is this common in preludes.. i'm thinking it might just be the vibrations get to the natural resonance of something in there (loose screws in a 16 year old car cant be uncommon)