Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    It happens to me on Thursday, but then on Friday ,when its raining, the problem fixed...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

we have 07 auto vti, and we won't be buying another new car from honda ever again, the service we recieved from our dealership was at best "completely disgraceful" then the car: picked car up, not even 1km from dealer noticed the car pulls to the left, 2nd day fuse cover falls down (happend about 10 times now), window problem won't go auto up, rear suspension makes weird creaking noises goin out of driveway, paint quality is absolutely shit! has has come off the car and took it back to dealer and they refused to fix it, the dealer has now only just agreed to fix it after telling them we're informing 2day 2night/aca about it! again service recieved from dealer staff is terrible! now have windscreen wiper problem (noisy), auto box kicks down to soon under braking making smooth braking impossible, dashboard is dust magnet! and drive by wire is possibly the slowest ever throttle response i've found! all in all not impressed with dealer and car and won't be buying anything new with a "H" badge on it anytime in the future! and for reference, our friend bought a new getz when webought our civic, she received tons of gifts like backpacks and drink bottles and shit like that and gave her a bottle of wine and all the dealers came out and shook her hand and everything, while we had to wait an hour to be seen and finally had to deal with a kia 2nd hand salesman who didn't know what he was doing or anything about the car! we didn't get anything with our car and i even had to ask for some keyrings and they gave us their dealer keyrings! TWATS!
    Last edited by sam.; 23-03-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    AIR CAN'D AND AIR BRUSHED EG SEDAN FOR SALE $9000 http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...pic=267205&hl=

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by sam. View Post
    we have 07 auto vti, and we won't be buying another new car from honda ever again, the service we recieved from our dealership was at best "completely disgraceful" then the car: picked car up, not even 1km from dealer noticed the car pulls to the left, 2nd day fuse cover falls down (happend about 10 times now), window problem won't go auto up, rear suspension makes weird creaking noises goin out of driveway, paint quality is absolutely shit! has has come off the car and took it back to dealer and they refused to fix it, the dealer has now only just agreed to fix it after telling them we're informing 2day 2night/aca about it! again service recieved from dealer staff is terrible! now have windscreen wiper problem (noisy), auto box kicks down to soon under braking making smooth braking impossible, dashboard is dust magnet! and drive by wire is possibly the slowest ever throttle response i've found! all in all not impressed with dealer and car and won't be buying anything new with a "H" badge on it anytime in the future! and for reference, our friend bought a new getz when webought our civic, she received tons of gifts like backpacks and drink bottles and shit like that and gave her a bottle of wine and all the dealers came out and shook her hand and everything, while we had to wait an hour to be seen and finally had to deal with a kia 2nd hand salesman who didn't know what he was doing or anything about the car! we didn't get anything with our car and i even had to ask for some keyrings and they gave us their dealer keyrings! TWATS!

mate, its the dealership, not the 'H' 's fault.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    yea but the dealer doesnt build/put the car together, that is pretty poor...

as for the gifts and such thats the dealer, any good dealer would actually come
    out and congratulate you make you feel like youve just bought a lamborghini.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Dude...

1. All those issues regarding transmission and throttle response; could it just be that the car was new and not run-in? You ran the engine in properly and all the other components right?

2. Was the car that different to the one you test drove?

3. Admittedly the dealer should fix those issues IF they were actually faults/defects as opposed to "that's the design of the car", but it's hard to tell whether or not you're just not used to the car.

4. Free drink bottles and crap like that are factored into the dealer costs/profit figure. Nothing is truly free. And that being said, does it really matter? It seems trivial that you spend more than a 1/3 of your rant complaining about this.

5. In my experience the paint has been really good on the Civic. It stands up to alot of things which scratch against it lol.. but I've heard not everyone has good paint.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    nah the paint is quite poor ql lol... when misses first got hers i could feel how
    soft it was, finger nail imprints got left behind too, its as if it doesnt have a protective coating/clear coat on it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 FD1
    ^^^ man, gotta be a lemon or dealer is full of sh*t

I have nothing to fault both my FD1 and the dealer. The car been absolute fantastic since day 1 (it's my first ever Honda). The paint, engine, fittings, etc all that mentioned above, none of those! I'm no expert but I didn't buy it to race or something . I bought it for the looks, I love the interior and the fuel economy.

Some already mentioned this about the i-VTEC engine and how it works, if one learns to drive it as it meant to be then I think you find that it's not slow at all.

As for dealers, they surely are not the same everywhere. I went thru 3 different ones and the last dealer is just completely class above others. I only spent like 30 mins and signed the deal. As for free gifts and stuffs, I didn't want or expect for any, whatever options I wanted were for the car and at the end I drove away happy with the price.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your Civic and the troubles with dealer. Hope the car get better so you can enjoy driving it a bit more.

well.. personally.. I love my civic.. but for built quality.. my brothers honda jazz vti-s is 10x the better built.. =S.. sam.. just go for a test drive and see if its any different to your civic? I think the braking and down gearing is all up to the driver.. and yes it does happen once in awhile.. but guess what? your driving an auto.. you dont have control over the gear changes..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    that is true, well yes i love the FD aswell lol i had to say it, looks wicked at night with a bit of light casting over it with the lights on mmmmmmm, so fierce

er... maybe the question is... have you ever test drive the civic before? or you just buy it coz many ppl bought it? also, my friend bought a getz few weeks ago and the dealer treat her as if she doesnt have any money to buy i30. They barely talk or smile when she pick up the car

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    my mate got his civic from the dealer at parra and he has nothing wrong with it not even a window problem, his dont about 24,000kms now. 1st time i lean on it i slip off it, it was dat good in paint quality, maybe 70% of da civic have problems and the other 30% are great,, well i hope i'm in that 30% cuz i got a sport model

Quote Originally Posted by cuongn View Post
    my mate got his civic from the dealer at parra and he has nothing wrong with it not even a window problem, his dont about 24,000kms now. 1st time i lean on it i slip off it, it was dat good in paint quality, maybe 70% of da civic have problems and the other 30% are great,, well i hope i'm in that 30% cuz i got a sport model
    if you have a friend who has a civic in the 30% part there, maybe you can bring him (and his civic) when you pick up yours and then compare them infront of the dealer to check if the quality the same?