Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    the thing that's pissed me off the most is that we especially bought a honda for their supposed great build quality and the service you recieve, well, the car is shit and the customer service was terrible!
    AIR CAN'D AND AIR BRUSHED EG SEDAN FOR SALE $9000 http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...pic=267205&hl=

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by sam. View Post
    the thing that's pissed me off the most is that we especially bought a honda for their supposed great build quality and the service you recieve, well, the car is shit and the customer service was terrible!
    If I buy a BMW, a Benz, or something along those lines, then yes I'd expect service. But when you're buying a Honda Civic.... I think the service one would expect is in a totally diff league.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

the build quality of the jazz.. is 10x better than that of the civic!!.. even tho I own an fd1..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    its the apprentice's building the VTi models lol

i think they employed some kids with no arms to build them
    AIR CAN'D AND AIR BRUSHED EG SEDAN FOR SALE $9000 http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...pic=267205&hl=

I disagree, jazz gear box problems compared to civic ones are astronomical.Ile have personlaly the civic factory in thailand andf there not build by little kids
    Last edited by HondaTechy; 24-03-2008 at 07:25 PM.

it was a figure of speech due to the lack of any "build quality" put into the civic

Quote Originally Posted by sam. View Post
    it was a figure of speech due to the lack of any "build quality" put into the civic
    Edit: due to the lack of any "build quality" put into some of the civic

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by ozR18 View Post
    My steering rack is crack somehow..and im loosing power steering fluid..which makes funny ufo noises when engine is cold..sent to honda. all they did was toped up fluid and made a report to honda HQ...fucin hell!
    Yup, my parents had this exact same issue. No visible signs of leaking fluid on the driveway either. Very strange.

My dad said the fluid level was below minimum, sitting the car on a flat surface. He picked up a bottle of transmission fluid, topped it up and now the noise is gone.

Interestingly to note, the service was done 2k ago, so it looks like either the power steering fluid level was not checked, or most of the fluid has leaked out over a period of 2000kms.

I've owned 3 honda's since I've had my license and never seen so many problems with the civic's. Something definitely is up with quality control. Makes Toyota's seem attractive!
    Last edited by 95331140; 25-03-2008 at 09:35 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R, FD1
    hey guys,

had the fd for about 2-3 months, noticed the other day with the drivers side window getting jammed when its about to shut, more than half way its starts shuttering and got jammed. Turned the car off and on, it ran smoothly then happened the day after. Haven't had problems since, is this the sign of the dodgy drivers side window?
    I often have the drivers side windows down just underneath the weathershields on a day to day basis.
    Is there a easy fix solution ? or just take it back to Honda. I thought i'll ask here before I do take it back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by BC8 View Post
    hey guys,

had the fd for about 2-3 months, noticed the other day with the drivers side window getting jammed when its about to shut, more than half way its starts shuttering and got jammed. Turned the car off and on, it ran smoothly then happened the day after. Haven't had problems since, is this the sign of the dodgy drivers side window?
    I often have the drivers side windows down just underneath the weathershields on a day to day basis.
    Is there a easy fix solution ? or just take it back to Honda. I thought i'll ask here before I do take it back to them.
    just need to be cleaned... use silicon spray do the trick (I think Honda ppl will do the same as well)

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

i haven't seen an 8th gen civic that hasn't had a problem! so far build quality seems to be nil