Thread: Car security

Car security

I did a search and I didnt find anything but I was interested in some car security.
    I was thinking about installing an alarm, immobilizer and a kill switch in my car. Have any of you guys got this kinda stuff in ur cars?
    Where did u get it and how much? and how effective did u find it?
    I've been reading around and it seems the general consensus is that club lock is the worst, then alarm, immobilizer and kill switch being the the most effective in protecting the car.
    I know determined thieves will probli get their way, but how would u make it as difficult as possible?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Why is a club lock bad ?

I reckon a flashing LED showing that the car is armed and immobilized and a club lock is the cheapest option plus it would most probably turn the theif off..

I see it like this, if the theif really wants your car..He's going to get it NO MATTER WHAT.

If the theif is just a scraggy shit kicking leech that has nothing better to do then go steal cars and jack off with his friends while explaining his story of how 'cool' he is, then those simple things would turn him off....But he will still go and tell his scummy friends that he broke into a car with a club lock + alarm + 57 kill switches.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Well club lock isnt bad, but I've heard its not the most effective.
    And if a thief is gonna steal a car i'll make it as hard as i possibly can.
    Thanks for the link, didnt see it before.
    Mods please close.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 WRX
    Tracking system is by far the most effective option, prevents car jackings and theft aswell as in the event someone does get your car you get it back very quickly not only that it reduces the cost on your insurance.. win win all around only draw back is quite expensive but don't forget your tracking system can be moved from car to car. So it's really only a one time outlay.. for the actual unit.. works out to be less then a $1 a day for monitoring aswell.

club locks are pretty useless, can just snip the steering wheel and its off quicker than you can get it off with the key.
    NEED THAT PQ, I GOT THINGS TO SELL