Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Get coilovers and do it properly the first time.
    This way if your 20's scrape a little you can raise it a few mm. Coilovers are more comfortable too. Why ruin an expensive nice car with cheap saggy springs.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    anybody know a good shock setup for use with s-tech?
    I had a set of s-tech ready to install, and the best match for me was Koni yellows, but after pricing them & 1K+, I sold the s-tech and installed tein ss coilovers for under $1500 all up.

At least now I have height + damping adjustment....
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

I'll be selling my Koni yellow shocks + eibach springs in July, so be ready to pick up a bargain.

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Quote Originally Posted by curik View Post
    I'll be selling my Koni yellow shocks + eibach springs in July, so be ready to pick up a bargain.

Haha...spoken a true salesman.....lol
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    On the USA forums like TSXClub and Acurazine they often mention "A Spec" suspension that gives improved handling with just a small drop as well.
    Does anyone know if that "A Spec" set up is available here either thru Honda or elsewhere?
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Star View Post
    On the USA forums like TSXClub and Acurazine they often mention "A Spec" suspension that gives improved handling with just a small drop as well.
    Does anyone know if that "A Spec" set up is available here either thru Honda or elsewhere?
    Thanks
    The only person on Ozhonda that i know to have the A-spec setup was Yfin. I think it drops the car by roughly 25-30mm. Im pretty sure he had to ship it over from overseas.
    If i were u, i'd just get myself a nice set of adjustable coilovers like Tein SS which is adjustable so u can play around with the settings according to your preferences. Cost wise plus shipping etc, i would imagine it to be roughly the same

Get them second hand! That will save you quite a lot of cash

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    The only person on Ozhonda that i know to have the A-spec setup was Yfin. I think it drops the car by roughly 25-30mm. Im pretty sure he had to ship it over from overseas.
    If i were u, i'd just get myself a nice set of adjustable coilovers like Tein SS which is adjustable so u can play around with the settings according to your preferences. Cost wise plus shipping etc, i would imagine it to be roughly the same
    Yfin had Honda A-spec. Not Acura A-spec. There were slight differences I think.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    AWD Yum Cha Trolley
    coil overs = coil over the dampers.

simply put, smaller cars run coils, with dampers seperate to each other. i.e Honda Jazz.

For your case, it really depends on what sort of ride you wish to achieve. If you are not going to lower the car much, regular lowered springs (Pedders, King) will do.

With aftermarket adjustable coilovers, you get the benefit of adjusting to your preferred height and damping force. As well as reducing a blow out of the OEM shocks.