Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra

help loosening bolts

wasnt really sure where to put this thread... mods feel free to move to appropriate section.

anyway... i recently bought new seats (4th gen prelude) to fit in my DA9.
    as most of you are aware, these seats came with a seat belt indicator (as seen in the pics), to notify the driver if the seat belts are connected. the wiring for these are connected to the actual seat belt fastener, which in turn are connected to the seat.

i want to get rid of these and just use what i have in the DA9, as they dont match up to the seat belts already in the car. (i.e. theyre useless).

however, the bolts are sprayed with some sort of lock tight, which makes them imposible to loosen (which is the point duh!). does anyone know if there is a way to take them off? ive thought about drilling them out, but i dont want to damage anything.
    thanks in advance
    cheers

You need bigger arms

Some WD40 might help.

Member Array
    Car:
    push bike
    breaker bar perhaps?
    shooting cac

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    also make sure to shock the bolt off(hit the breaker bar) don't put constant force on it as it might round the bolt

use a breaker bar or similar - leverage will help 100% .

Also , use a 6 sided socket piece do NOT USE MULTI FACETED SOCKETS - much more chance of slipping and rounding the bolt head.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Like bennjamin said, invest in a 6 sided socket. I would personally just buy an impact gun socket. They are sold individually. You would be suprised how much additional leverage can be applied if the socket is appropriate for your application. Adding a breaker bar to the end of the socket wrench will surely get the nut/bolt off.

The image is for illustration purposes only. I don't recommend any brand in favour of another :P
    Last edited by Dylanamus; 04-04-2008 at 10:45 AM.

yes, single hex sockets are one of the best investments I have ever made - does not promote nut/bolt rounding.

They cost me $1 each from the loose sockets box but they saved me a helluva headache. Bunnings/Kmart.

I combined them with a breaker bar and I can get off pretty much any suspension bolt from the car. Same can apply for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    impact hammer with socket i think its called. Then it should come off all good.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    some great info there guys
    thanks for the help. sum how my old man managed 2 get 1 off last nite while i was out... ill wait n c how he does the other 1. i think he could b chuck norris
    ive got the 6 sided socket, but i dont have the impact wrench... guess i better think bout buyin 1
    thanx fellas