Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAI in the rain

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rawr View Post
    same advice as above if possible avoid puddles, all other water is fine

IT ONLY OCCURS WHEN THE POD IS SUBMERGED IN WATER

if you go through a situation where the pod is submerged in water dont apply throttle if possible and when you get home just do that thing u do when ur car gets hydro locked just to be safe
    could u go into a bit more detail lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    my pod is in my front bar and for my peace of mind i just coast (no throttle) when i go through puddles more than 10cm or so deep.

rain does nothing,but i do try and avoid going out on 'spirited runs' on rainy nights to not get my engine wet inside and because theres no grip anyway.

for the above post, if the pod is submerged in water,hypothetically if it happened to me, when i got home i would take off the throttle body and take the spark plugs out and squirt some oil in there,leave it sit a minute or so to seep down then start the car....it will be hard to start because the oil is in there but hopefully the oil stops rust.anyone else got different ideas?

if your car really does hyrdolock from your pod being submerged your pretty much stuffed,hydrolock is not a little bit of water in there,its enough water/oil to not allow your piston to fully compress.it does damage
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    i just take mine out for winter and change it when it gets sunny again

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    hmmm i'm thinking of putting in a short ram instead now.. i really dont want my engine to **** up LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    well unless your pod is like really deep down inside the guard, ur not going to
    have a problem with just rain. the only way its going to cause a problem is if
    you give the guard a puddle and enough time to fill up, its not called a
    guard/fender for nothing, naturally it would protect you resonator or
    washer botle or what ever is down in there...

i have a short ram and have now boxed it and ran ducting and make a scoop
    in the front bumper thats my CAI fix lol when i first installed it water was still
    getting in the duct cause it was too close to open air but its moved back and
    got a scoop with no bottom so the water drains off befor it gets to the duct

Bit of Ali i used for he scoopeeeee

Boxed in Pod, made out of ACM sheet, composite material with 3 layers - Ali,plastic,Ali
    then i layered the inside with rubber matting to deaden the sound and stop the pod tapping

Last edited by Riviera; 03-04-2008 at 08:13 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    T80
    Sorry for late reply but to john procter

pretty much what the mechanic said is correct from my knowledge. I'm sure if you call up a decent mechanic there would be one or two more remedies that could be added but from my limited knowledge taking out the sparkies and spraying oil would be a first thing to do.
    OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

BRING BACK THE SPOTTED THREAD

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    who the fcuk wud drive their car thru foot deep water neway.......

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 white integra type r
    all great tips,

thanks heaps guys
    pitch black, you dunno where you are... don't even think about overtaking...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S
    If your really concerned, there is a Injen Hydro shield Pre filter

"For that added protection during those unsure moments, Injen Technology’s HYDRO-SHIELD PRE-FILTERS are race proven material manufactured from highly durable polyester. Uniform micron openings allow the filtering of debris .005” or larger. The HYDRO-SHIELD PRE-FILTERS are factory treated using an embedded hydrophobic process, which offers consistent airflow, water repellency and maintains horsepower gains. Please note that this item is water repellent, not water proof)"

Don't think you'll really need it though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hydroshield.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	8615  
    DC5S