Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5 EXi
    I had the rad shop check it out and they found a small crack in the intake pipe on the top rad tank, the whole tank was brittle and turned brown on the inside, ready to completely shite itself although it looked fine from the outside.

No blocks or corrosion in the actual rad so I'm rocking a new tank. Hopefully after a good flush and new tank I will be freeway cruisin' at acceptable temps again

Thanks again for everyones ideas/advice I'll let ya's know how it goes.
    Trapped in a deadly video game with just one man.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord CD5 EXi
    So, I got a new top tank for the radiator and had the whole thing flushed and 'rodded'....rodded...lol...rod. The radiator is all good it just hadn't been flushed in a long time.

Apparently it was operating at only 10-15% capacity because of all the crap and residue in it...yet I never had any obvious signs of overheating daily driving around the city, the only thing that made me sus was the occasional temp gauge rise on long hills on the freeway. A testament to the awesome construction of the jap built accords.

Now it never budges from a little below the mid-line, rad. I've learnt my lesson ...never ignore a rising temperature gauge! Dudes at the shop said had I made a few more trips down the freeway I could have done some real damage, or if that intake pipe busted, massive damage.

Thanks again everyone who had something to contribute :3
    Trapped in a deadly video game with just one man.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    good to hear man

yea, could have caused you to sell it lol

headgasket
    warped head
    siezed engine all together

sigh, anyways

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    I've had that top tank inlet bust on me on the freeway. No major damage, those F22B's are tough little mothers.

One new top tank later I'm still all smiles.
    It's not a f*cking Prelude.