Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    get 16 and drop it
    best thing to do imho

saves money when u get new tyres too

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by krogoth View Post
    i wasnt having a go at u or anything mate, just saying that alot of ppl think its 2inches over, i also did when i came to get my wheels, its a very common and widespread bit of misinformation

and u are correct about getting wheels pre-drilled, but ther are so many more pre-drilled designs out ther, that its just simply more common and im guessing cheaper to get pre-drilled
    lol i wasnt being a smart ass bro, was actually bein serious i would rather someone correct me...appreciate it when ppl do it the right way like u did

(Y)

WTB: DRAGONBALL Z DVD'S (USED)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Civic GLi
    hey fellas,
    thanks for the replies, its a lot to take in. i'm glad you guys mentioned all the rules that may affect this. i'm from victoria and am a p-plater, they've been putting in and changing rules heaps in the last year or so.

so essentially 17" rims should be fine eh...not much noticeable difference to performance and feel? i'm not too fussed if its 16"s either but i guess i just need to see it in person and compare. i'm also stuck with the notion "if i'm going to change it, might as well make a real difference" i.e. 3 inches instead of 2 but yeah.

i've just sent an inquiry to bob jane t-marts about the rims i want. in all your experiences, how are these places? will they be trying to rip me off seeing as its quite obvious that i know so little? and also, do they know all this stuff you guys have told me about the rules etc.?

i have no idea even roughly how much any of this would cost either, and i know that we're not meant to ask prices etc. on this forum lol.

in regards to lowering and stuff, i'm quite hesistant cause theres too many frkn speed humps and stuff like that in my suburb haha. it's amazing though how much of a difference lowering makes to the look of a car.

anyways if you guys with 7th gens can post pics up of your cars with modified rims, it would be great for me to get an idea of how non-stock rims look like on it hehe. no-one seems to do up 7th gens.

thanks all

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8 Civic
    lmao too many speed humps lemme guess u from the northern suburbs huh?

everyroad covered in burnout marks then speed bumps EVERYWHERE

look every place will try to make as much money of u as they can..i was lucky i knew a guy i put 18 inch chrome rims on my civic and they cost normally bout 2500 i got it all for 1500 cuz i knew him....if ur from frankston area i could try and hook u up with him...see if he can help u out if ur interested??

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    i have a little more advice for you..

1. dont get shit tyres, tyres for a 17" wheel will be much more expensive than the 14" wheel, get good tyres, dont cheap out

stay away from nankangs, ling longs and the kind

2. dont restrict ur choices for wheels, just because u saw a wheel u liked while driving past bob jane doesnt mean u should walk in there and buy them

look around, check out 50 different places for wheel and tyre prices, ul also start to get a feel for wat an acceptable price is and wat classifies as a severe rip off

3. please lower ur car, just get king lows, and a good set of shocks, handling and looks will massively improve(pbviously not straight away, but get it done later, ive had my wheels on for 2 years and ive been dying for new shocks/springs forever, but an expensive taste causes restrictions, lol)

get info and pix of the wheel you want to buy, and tyres

get some prices for us, and post them back in here, weel tell u wats a good price and wat isnt
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Civic GLi
    jay i'm actually from the south-eastern suburbs, same problem in the north huh?

yeahh you guys are right i really do need to have a good look around..its just that i feel like every coupla weeks i go through this "phase" where i really want to do something to my car..then get over it lol. this time though i'm actually getting somewhere with it.

i'm not planning to restrict myself to those specific rims but yeah i think they're a good starting point. i'll post some pics i got off bobjane.com.au of the rims on other cars as soon as i figure out how to lol.

yeah lowering is something i'll be considering a bit later. i'm actually thinking about getting window tinting first, mostly for practical reasons but also coz it would look nice. i'm currently looking around for the best price, and hopefully i can get the dealer i bought my car from to match it.

my plan (if money were no issue) would probably be something like this:
    1. window tinting
    2. rims
    3. muffler tip (don't want full exhaust, i'm not too fussed, just would like a deeper sound from the car, nothing dramatic).
    4. lowered

3&4 can be swapped but yeah thats my plan..most likely over the next few months or year.

my car is dark blue and has a rear spoiler. you others with rear spoilers on 7th gens, when you brake does the light on the rear spoiler AS WELL AS the light on the back windscreen come on?

here are the pics. the one with the civic is from that virtual car thing on the website, it looks kinda dull on that but better on the real cars. i rkn it looks pretty sweet on that mazda 3.
    if you guys see anything similar to that look, give us a yell please

thanks fellas

ah crap just realised these rims have a 5 stud pattern :S
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zenithrims.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	8624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ence865.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	8625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gal0075.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	8626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Civic+Rims.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	8627  
    Last edited by dawack1; 10-04-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8 Civic
    south eastern just like everyone else... lol i think the problem started in the north with all the hectics doin burnouts then escalated on from there y u think i left the northern suburbs and came to the southside