Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    If looking at the pricing, I think I will steer towards a 325 or 330... RWD.. FTW
    Anything but a Beemer haha

audi are dirt cheap second hand.

I picked mine up B5 GP update , V6 and sold it no long after.. 66,000kms had power steering pump noises - plus also read coil packs were problematic. stereo had BIG issues as well.

Burnt once, never again.

Thats why i came back to honda and will continue to stick with honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    buy it used if you go for an audi as depreciation is a killer.

The B6 A4 Quattro is really well built. I've been into one and the door, interior and dash feel sturdy and solid. Not to mention its 1.8 powerplant, which can be modified endlessly. A used 1.8TQ can be had for 30K ish, I'd say go and test drive it. It's in a different league from the euro.

As some mention about depreciation or options list, if you are getting 2nd hand, so they won't not an issue. I really praise the B6 because I have compared my car to a friend's 1.8TQ. Although about servicing, yes it's more costly but not a lot. But as expected from a brand which is on par with BMW and merc
    Last edited by curik; 16-04-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    I would personally buy an Audi over the Euro. The interior is solid and classy, drive is great however as they come in different variants there is a big price difference. Servicing is at 15K intervals where as the Euro is 10K and you would pay a little bit more in service costs.

The euro is more value for money if you want to limit yourself to 50K that will get you a luxury with the works. Audi starting price I believe is 50-60K upwards for the base models and they are not optioned as you would have to option it which might work out to be another 10-15K on top.

Best thing is to drive both cars as well so you really know and can compare the differences.
    Honda the power of wet dreams

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    He's looking at the B6 which is the previous generation (soon to be 2 gens old). I was in a similar situation but even after seeing and trying a few (and they do look and feel nice) i was put off because of the very problem 28RAG stated - the CVT ECU are prone to dying and if it hasn't been replaced already, you're looking at 4-5k for a replacement!

Don't get the CVT because it's only available for FWD A4s. If you like spirited driving, or hate understeer (which most FWD audis are known to be nose heavy), then get the quattro. I'm getting rid of my euro this july too, switching to a S3.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    I came from a B5 A4 to the Euro Lux. The 10 year old B5 had better ride and was more comfortable on highways than the Honda. Better refinement all round.

I've driven a couple of B6s and they are better again. As has been mentioned, the 1.8TQ drive train is excellent and the engine is very moddable.

Servicing the Audi is a hell of a lot more expensive. Parts are a lot more expensive even if you want to do stuff on your own. I could have had a B6 1.8TQ from the local Audi dealer for $30k but still went with the Euro Lux just for the security of the new car warranty - that and the kick arse quality of the manual shift on the Euro. Also, at stock the Euro is a quicker car but needs to be driven harder to extract that performance. The 1.8T is the opposite to the Euro's motor. Good spread of torque down low but pretty breathless up high. It makes for effortless tootling around town but isn't as fun in spirited driving.

The quattro is another matter though - awesome grip. I loved it in the wet. Big take offs turning a corner and the car would just launch whereas the VSA light flashes like mad in the Honda.

Luxury wise - the A4. But the Honda has more features unless the A4 happens to be optioned to the hills. Honda is the more exicting drive but is also more tiring at highway speeds. Get the Audi into long sweeping bends and it has far more composure too.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2dc2dc2 View Post
    Ask JT
    i thought he use to drive A4 and he services alot of Audi's
    Says they are nothing but trouble.
    I remember one of his rants.
    Can you be more specific?
    This is the first time I heard of such...
    Servicing I understand would cost more then a Euro but quality wise I have heard Audi to be top notch.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post
    I came from a B5 A4 to the Euro Lux. The 10 year old B5 had better ride and was more comfortable on highways than the Honda. Better refinement all round.

I've driven a couple of B6s and they are better again. As has been mentioned, the 1.8TQ drive train is excellent and the engine is very moddable.

Servicing the Audi is a hell of a lot more expensive. Parts are a lot more expensive even if you want to do stuff on your own. I could have had a B6 1.8TQ from the local Audi dealer for $30k but still went with the Euro Lux just for the security of the new car warranty - that and the kick arse quality of the manual shift on the Euro. Also, at stock the Euro is a quicker car but needs to be driven harder to extract that performance. The 1.8T is the opposite to the Euro's motor. Good spread of torque down low but pretty breathless up high. It makes for effortless tootling around town but isn't as fun in spirited driving.

The quattro is another matter though - awesome grip. I loved it in the wet. Big take offs turning a corner and the car would just launch whereas the VSA light flashes like mad in the Honda.

Luxury wise - the A4. But the Honda has more features unless the A4 happens to be optioned to the hills. Honda is the more exicting drive but is also more tiring at highway speeds. Get the Audi into long sweeping bends and it has far more composure too.
    Thanks for the Great input!
    The Quattro Id be purchasing will have all options *hopefully*
    I have driven some of the standard B6 and overall ride compare to Euro its still much a better ride.
    Only thing whats holding me back... for the kind of money I am forking, I can be purchasing a brand new 2008 Euro with all options instead of purchasing a secondhand 1.8Q. Both cars are beautifully crafted and solid so making up my mind is no easy task. But I am steering towards the Audi, just gotta do more test driving and studying.

Thanks for all the input! Keep em coming

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    i'm in almost the exact same boat as you... been thinking about a new car, either a4 b6 1.8Turbo (not quattro) or euro luxury.

as most guys here have already mentioned, the a4 is in a different league. honestly if you really know what you want, you would have made a choice already... the cars are just so different even tho specs and options are similar.

if you want good old honda reliability and value for money... euro luxury. if you want european built luxury and quality (plus nice turbo 4wd), a4 quattro. only thing is on the euro, all the leather, sunroof, etc are standard... whereas you'll need to hunt for a used a4 that was fitted with a lot of these options, and the right car might take time to find.

good luck anyways.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW