Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    there brand new dynos are coming back to them end of this week or early next week, and i have my baby dc2r turbo booked in for tune................
    so i will give results of it and there workmanship.(which i already know of) once the car is back

Member Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    i highly recommend james aswells.

answered all my questions, and explained everything in detail

currently getting my dc5r tuned by james, just had a road tune done last week, and what a difference that was ;D

cant wait for dyno/fine tuning as soon as the dynos are back.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Wow good words!
    He has blown up 2 out of 2 of my mates engines with his tuning using hondata, the car ran fine with a MoTeC.
    bbs garage krew.
    Tuned by DYNODAVE
    Winton:
    1:42
    Wakefield: 1:12
    0-400m:

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 DC5R Turbo
    I know for a fact James has never lost an engine on the dyno… what I find ironic is you supporting dyno dave in your signature and dyno dave has been screwing people over left right and centre, and then they go running to James to fix the problems, yet you always try and pay James out in your posts I smell a jealous rat…. I doubt you’ve even met him.

James is a top bloke ill only ever let him touch my car, go meet him in person and make your own decision.

If my mates' engines were blown up by any tuner, I'd at least like to warn others of what had happened instead of trying to cover it up. Isn't this what itr_112 has done?

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    i wish we had a nice tuner down in syd.
    lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Jealous Rat? Please, im from Melbourne and went to Sydney for a PROPER TUNE. If I was jelous I would just drive to Nunawading for a tune, which is 10 mins from here.

Has James told u about the 3 motors that he tuned with Hondata that blew up?
    U must know about the supercharged DC2R making 191kw atw that he "built and tuned" dont you? Well it took a bit over a WHOLE YEAR to build, cost $14,000 yes $14,000 to install a supercharger, LSD, porting the head and coilovers(tein SS) and blew up a couple of months later.
    A white turbo Del Sol he tuned - Made 267fwkw - BIG POWER from James also blew up after he tuned it with Hondata.
    An Integra running a built B16B motor - Running fine on MoTeC revving to 10,000 as soon as James touched it - It lost power - revved to 8500 then also konked out.

WHat has James done to resolve this problem? Nothing ran and hid in the corner.

So what fast cars has James built or tuned? Besides his own.
    There was a Black FN2 SC at RX-8 Winton track day recently that James built and tuned - sounded unhealthy as anything making some serious engine noises which sounded like the valves were dropping.
    Thank god the owner brought along a trailer.

DynoDave tuned my car to make 120kw atw - thats good enough for me to do a 13.8. He also tuned another DC2R with 122kw atw which ran 13.66, and an EG with 108kw atw to hit 13.9. EGk24a is running low 12's on a stock motor - on the other hand another DC2R tuned by James made "138fwkw", u mite have seen it all over this forum - his running consistent 14's.
    bbs garage krew.
    Tuned by DYNODAVE
    Winton:
    1:42
    Wakefield: 1:12
    0-400m:

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Jealousy of successful people is a curse and nasty trait on the internet… that’s all I’m going to say.

I vouch for James one hundred and ten percent, he knows what most people can only dream of knowing.

In Sydney go see Adrian from Toda Racing he won’t let you down.

James tuned my car and all my mates cars fine. They rip up actually. Sometimes it aint all about the power. Maybe you're referring to a different james .

he tuned my brothers NA Integra, and i know my brother won't let anyone else tune his cars.

i personally won't be getting anyone else to touch my car, even though im in brisbane, its still so worth it flying him up to tune the car.

top bloke, top tuner, i would recommend him to anyone.

Lets get a few things straight here the owner of the CRX and Integra your talking about is a drug dealer who sells ice, cocaine, and speed to junkies in Melbourne … your not one of his clients are you ? The owner couldn’t drive correctly if he tried (I hate DRUG PEOPLE I RUN A HONEST BUSINESS AND PAY TAX!)

I’ve seen the two engines you have talked about and herd both sides of the story, in fact I was at the workshop when his team of drug posy’s turned up one day, all looking like a semi trailer rolled over them, with blood shot eyes and slurring words.

The owner of the CRX told the RevZone guys that the engine was fully built with sleeves, etc – instead it was a standard block with a standard small radiator, in fact the owner was so high on drugs when the car was being tuned, he was screaming out “More boost more boost the engine is fully built with sleeves” and yes 4 weeks later the owner popped a head gasket due to over heating the engine, which then caused the engine to hydro lock, that’s not a tuning error problem that’s a over heating end user problem.

As for the supercharged DC2 Integra RevZone built (not James.. so get it right) 14k to modify a supercharger from a VTIR to make it fit on a Type R with custom pulleys belts and manifold, Toda Cams, Toda springs, clutch and fly wheel, porting and polishing, suspension, head studs, gaskets, injectors and a ECU plus labor and tuning that sounds about right, the engine (standard bottom end) however lost oil pressure and burnt out the trust bearing causing the crank to have end float and broke a timing belt and smashed all the valves, that’s not a tuning problem, it’s a mechanical oil pressure problem.

And the Integra running a b16b which to me sounds like a stupid setup, I just talked to James and he confirm he has never touched a b16b in an Integra and laughed when I asked him… He said the only b16b engine he tuned was in a Gen 2 CRX 8 years ago.

How do I know all this, well I’m Paul and I own the FN2 supercharged car your talking about, do I even know you??? and why are you giving shit about my car! My car was tuned by James and Doug the owner of Hondata USA I couldn’t think of anyone better to touch my car!

The Pervious week to Winton James and I we were at Calder park racing the car testing it out for the first time, is a dream and a delight to drive I love it, although the whole setup is still all prototype equipment. At Winton on a 40 degree day it was also a dream although my standard timing chain tensionor gave way and caused my timing chain to rub, thus making a horrible noise, but no engine damage. The standard chain tensionor is a known weak point of the k20 engine, I guess I found the limit. This has now been replaced with a Toda tensionor and the car is perfect now.

I despise people who lie on the internet without knowing the full truth, do your research in person not on the internet, only girls hide behind computer screens and pay people out.

I’ve known James for a long time and the work he is doing with JTune Civics is world first development and it’s a privilege to be the owner of the first supercharged FN2 Civic in the world.

Enough said – Paul

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    james ftw, from all the questions ive asked him, prolly been a pia to! he has never left them unanswered, from the work ive seen him too is also top notch. Even look at the parts he uses and requests, nothing dodgey but only the best. Unfortunatley iin this world when there seems to be a good hard working person out there, there will always be some arsehole out there to screw you over and take your fame...

i was going to build a sfwd eg hatch and was going to be built by him but unfortunatley ive gone for a different route (xy falcon ute drag car to race with family and friends) so the civic i have now will have a basic street kit done to it hopefully soon which will be tuned by him.

I reckon from the customer service and advice given hes a top bloke.