Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

EG B18CR 1/4 Mile Times

1. Please post your EG B18CR 1/4 mile times.

2. What would the below setup roughly run:

EG4 GLI with:
    Jap B18CR w/ gearbox
    ITR 4-1/5zigen/TODA/Mugen Headers, High flow cat, custom cat back
    Custom/Injen Intake
    ORC Clutch/Flywheel
    Hondata
    15x7 Equips on 192/50/R15 Toyo T1R's

No weight reduction.

What rough 1/4 mile times?

After the above is done, I then plan on 'tuning' it properly with Camber kit, traction bars, IM's, Cam's etc. But the above will be the main part of the build.

My project isn't for a stripped racer, just a clean street car running (I'm hoping, mid 13's) with decent stereo. I'll even have the front doors sound deaden with rear stripped (hence no weight reduction comment). Not a show car either. 'Bang for buck' all rounder I 'spose.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    don't see why not it won't hit 13's. We had a b18c7 with I/H/E ECU tune and manage 13.6 semi stripped EG i.e rear seats, spare tyre.

I'm thinking this will do around the 13'ish area... Mids?

Quote Originally Posted by JDM.Power View Post
    Thanks. From the sounds of it, EG B18CR I/H/E/ECU high 13's on street tyres, semi stripped interior is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    don't see why not it won't hit 13's. We had a b18c7 with I/H/E ECU tune and manage 13.6 semi stripped EG i.e rear seats, spare tyre.
    Thanks mate. Any specific suspension setup? Please dont tell me what you ran exactly I want to do my own research. Was it just Coilovers and Sway bars? or did you have traction bars and camber setup?

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    exactly - if i can do flat 14's with almost full interior and no actual mods your ride can slip into the high 13's nps. Get out there and try it
    Thanks ben. Yeah I was just checking that my thoughts are possible. I mean, if I asked same question but said high 12's -the answer would be a lot different (not possible without K20A!).

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    light weight (high 7xxkg) and drag slick helps alot..
    but to achieve 12's with stock I/H/E/ECU, ermm...haven't seen one yet..and i doubt i'll see one...

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by todaek9 View Post
    light weight (high 7xxkg) and drag slick helps alot..
    but to achieve 12's with stock I/H/E/ECU, ermm...haven't seen one yet..and i doubt i'll see one...
    Kris did 12.9 sec already last year
    With his EG hatch stock b18cr motor ( custom intake , DTR open header , ecu) 22x8x15 slicks
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    93 EG Civic
    Mid 13's shouldn't be hard with those mods.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    flat 14 to high 13 should be very realistic on street tyres and decent lauch.

Mid to low 13's u will proabably need like semis and a good launch and some stripping

high 12's to low 13's will proababaly require Good slicks and very very good launch and alot of stripping
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    good temp, good track temp, good rubber on track, good shifting point and alot of luck will do you a high 12's...

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 - Fastest F
    actually with semi's thetime would be worst because semi's have a harder side wall and reduces the ballooning effects of a tyre...

i found fullslicks the best, followed by street slicks followed by normal road tyres.. and i would not even bother to use semis for the drag...

example a Toyo Proxies street tyre like RA1 is better than running RE55 or A048s on Drag...
    semi slicks have usually have a lower profile and a harder side wall this prevent the tyres from gripping the strip... but is excellent for prevention of rolling or squashing of the tyre on the circuit...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R Series 2
    Thread revival!

What is EGJOE and 90LAN running down the quarter? They have EGB18CR setups! Similar to mine (14.02 on first run with 2.3 60ft).

Thinking of heading back on Wed 20/8... be good to see more H cars!
    iijjee
    Turbos Torque... VTEC Speaks!