Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Possible to change screen???

Hi all,

Just wondering if it was possible to change the centre console screen in the euro with a aftermarket one. But keeping the OEM cd stacker and radio etc.

I just want to replace the display screen but keep everything else. Is it possible to get an aftermarket screen that shows all the details the OEM screen shows, such as climate control degrees fan speed etc.

Thank you
    Pauly

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 Accord Euro L/E
    Not sure what you are trying to get....you want to get a new screen that shows exactly the same thing as the old one?? lol

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    That's the gist of what I got from his post too... makes no sense.....
    I'd rather keep the original screen for AC, and then add an aftermarket single DIN unit in the centre compartment with a motorised screen.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    the OEM screen has really dull lighting, and after getting tests done by honda i was told i need a new radio turner assembly as it has an internal fault that cannot be fixed. The unit is not supply power to the screen so it does not light up.

So i was wondering if it is possible to get an aftermarket screen, as honda charge $2,300 for a new radio turner assembly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Your mum drives me!!!!!!!
    $2,300?? Shit!! That sucks balls. The screen on my teg cost me $15.00 for a new one (that being the clock in a DA9)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Hey, this isn't exactly what Pauly is after but regarding the DIN units I attempted to get a single din Alpine DVD player installed in my centre console, but because its so deep it just wasnt going to workout and it would've looked like crap. In the end i ended up getting a double din unit instead. After the custom install to blend in with the same colour as the rest of the centre panel it looks great.

Heres the link to the unit i got:
    http://www.alpine.com.au/products/pr...sp?modelID=296

P.S. if u want pics of my setup let me know and just post your email addresses.
    Last edited by E_Honda; 19-04-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Honda View Post
    Hey, this isn't exactly what Pauly is after but regarding the DIN units I attempted to get a single din Alpine DVD player installed in my centre console, but because its so deep it just wasnt going to workout and it would've looked like crap. In the end i ended up getting a double din unit instead. After the custom install to blend in with the same colour as the rest of the centre panel it looks great.

Heres the link to the unit i got:
    http://www.alpine.com.au/products/pr...sp?modelID=296

P.S. if u want pics of my setup let me know and just post your email addresses.
    Does that mean you loose all the original CC screen info?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    the OEM screen has really dull lighting, and after getting tests done by honda i was told i need a new radio turner assembly as it has an internal fault that cannot be fixed. The unit is not supply power to the screen so it does not light up.

So i was wondering if it is possible to get an aftermarket screen, as honda charge $2,300 for a new radio turner assembly.
    I'm sure someone that started a previous thread on this problem said a refurbished one was approx.$1000.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by viper8548 View Post
    Does that mean you loose all the original CC screen info?
    I have lost the use of the original six stacker/radio for now, but next week i'm getting an FM modulator installed so I will have control of both the original screen (6 stacker and radio) along with the DVD player. I'm going to see if theres a way to do it so the Auxilary can be used to switch between the two units, but FM modulator will still do the job either way.
    Last edited by E_Honda; 20-04-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I'm sure someone that started a previous thread on this problem said a refurbished one was approx.$1000.

$1000 is still a hell of alot. I would pay more like $600.
    For $1000 you could get a great audio system installed.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post

I see, your unit has a fault that a few members here have had before. The remedy is to replace the circuit board behind the screen. $2300 is for the WHOLE radio+CD unit. Considered going to the wreckers? You don't need the CD unit, just the circuit board.
    Last edited by aaronng; 20-04-2008 at 11:00 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Is it possible just to buy the circuit board?

EDIT: Also is there a way to get a part number for the circuit board?