Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Teg GSi comp chip

Hey, my friend has a GSi DC2 Teg, he wants to know what sort of chip to give it a little boost, now i'm not all up on honda chips, he said he wanted a mugen one. He's already done the intake and exhaust, i'm assuming the stock fuel pumps up to the job of a little more fuel etc.

Are there any plug and play chips? And are there any that do now require soldering? (these are his concerns)

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Honestly no point on a gsi. I own one and the only major upgrade I would be doing to the B18B would be turbo charging it.

well as i said it's not for me, but a gsi isn't a bad choice for a chip, imo, i'd only use a standalone on a type r, anyways, back to topic

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    save the money, upgrade car

that's what i said, but he doesn't want to, isn't there any chips for a teg? obviously there are but i don't know what sort to be looking at

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    hmm...the "chip" you're thinking of and talking about...
    is it the same thing as what i think it is?

you're thinking of installing some small chip that adjusts the revs or something like that right? not like a piggy back ecu?

ebay had heaps of those for really cheap....Mugen and Spoon...try it...it won't hurt ya.

Exclamation

Sorry, not trying to hijack just making a statement unless some people didnt know!
    Please quit on the "Upgrade the car" comments everytime a gsi owner asks about upgrade options. We are happy with our DC4's and are already aware of that option before hand. If I wanted a respectfully fast car i wouldnt of bought a Honda in the 1st place. If i searched on gsi ugrades I would find it hard not to see one of these repetative comments in every thread. Point taken, but WE KNOW and dont want to!

Note - Before I cop crap for my comments on Honda not being a fast car... Im refering mostly to costs needed to get a car within competetive times compared to alot of other cars.

They handle nice, and are pretty luxury.

No, it's not a piggy back, but those chips on ebay are dodgy as, I was talking about such things as a powerchip, and unichip

only suited to a teg gsi

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    5poon. My comment on not bothers is comign straight from a DC4 owner me. Mate no need to get defensive about the gsi, it is a slow POS. But I love my slow POS.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    LOL@5poon and Jave....represent.
    Interesting to see if any of the tech boys have ANYTHING at all ecu/chipwise to recommend the little GSi....

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    the point is why spend all this money buying dodgy mods like chips and what not that are going to do jack all? the money is better spent saving up for frakenstein or vtec engine

it's my friends car, not mine, the only thing i can think of that would also give it a little jump is perhaps some extractors/exhaust manifold upgrade