Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hmmm, my exhaust is a 3 inch straight through, i do have a cat, but, let's just say my muffler is only for looks... :P as in, i don't have a real one, it's just metal made up to look like one, and it's quiet as, maybe because i don't thrash it, if you're worried about the noise, see what you can do to silence it, but don't get rid of the tanabe exhaust, that's so sad

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx
    What muffler do you have on at the back at the moment??

Is your exhaust louder at certain revs, or is it throughout the whole rev range? If it is louder at certain points, you can try this option, it may work for you and you may be able to keep the exhaust- Weld a second resonator in immediately behind the first one, either the same size as the piping or slightly smaller than the pipe diameter... you'll lose almost no power with doing this

Any rate, tell us what happens

its a TANABE hyper medallion on the back. the rest is 2.5" with a big resonator.

if you are gonna go a new zorst let me know.. might be able to give your old one a new home!! i only got the baby vtec engine in mine.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    its a TANABE hyper medallion on the back. the rest is 2.5" with a big resonator.
    oh k

wait, what are your mods? you're exhaust sounds a little large, is it cat back or full? duel or single pipe?

Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    Man, I just put a hole in my exhaust from running over a small spiky thing. Now it sounds like a sports exhaust, and after a 2hr drive from Newcastle, i cant believe i used to like that noise! I cant wait to have silence again!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettaru
    wait, what are your mods? you're exhaust sounds a little large, is it cat back or full? duel or single pipe?

engine runs stock header and A pipe, stock accord cat converter with 2.5 inch single pipe.

only other mod is cold air pod filter on stock intake.

on friday im changing the rear muffler to a lukey sports type with twin tips. it will still have a note just not so loud.

uh oh lukeys are pretty hell loud... i've had one..

well tell us what happens...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 - AP1
    haha h22a accord i remember ur exhaust was quite loud...

like i remember i literally had to take a step back coz it was pretty loud...

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    argh damn, all dat money and den u get defected den more money for you to changit :S das da problems with getting things too loud...
    is your tanabe exhaust a cannon or an oval.... because da magnaflow oval mufflers a cool...nice and quiet.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 civic
    its a a big phat oval with 4.5" tip.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    I was always under the impression that the tanabe hyper was very quiet. I was considering going for exactly the same setup you have ,after reading this I might just think twice about it :S