Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: V6 Civic

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    I'm very doubtful that a NSX converted EG/EK will ever be street legal.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by shadou View Post
    I'm very doubtful that a NSX converted EG/EK will ever be street legal.
    ^ AGREED, Not unless you jump through alot of hoops. More to the point, how are you gonna get bonnet clearance?

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    lollerskates!

i love newfags
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    Quote Originally Posted by yusio View Post
    i have been thinking about this prject for a few years. Basically what i have always wanted to do is put and NSX motor into a EG or EK civic. Now i know its going to cost big dollars so i'm not to worried about that but has it been done before and if so with what results?? And if it has been done does anyone have links etc???
    Yusio, I don't want to flame you or discourage you in doing what you want. That said, it's clear to everyone here that this just isn't going to happen, for a million reasons.

Please answer this question: Why did you choose a civic ? What qualities does this car have for this sort of setup? You should have the answer to this if you've been thinking for a few years.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    And you'd get more power at the wheels using a turbo'd B18C2
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MX-5 SE
    might as swell use the 3.0L motor from the accord, still produces alot of power and would be considerably cheaper....
    'The Dave'

Old - DC2R - 122fwkw - 1:10.6 WP

New - MX5 SE - 165rwkw -

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    may as well mid mount it

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTY View Post
    might as swell use the 3.0L motor from the accord, still produces alot of power and would be considerably cheaper....
    Or a 3.2 V6 from the old Legend - there's a brand new one listed on ebay at the present time.

the shape and weight are the two main reasons for my choice of car. If i wanted a turbo car i would go build another STI!!! I love NA and the instant throttle response. I just sold my STI which ran 135mph down the quarter but it was laggy as hell and was a dog to drive. Its not that i am a noob, I am quiet competent with mechanics(though in no means would i consider doing the conversions myself.

Sure an old legend motor make good power but why go to all the effort with engineering and fabrication if your not going with the best. Wether i do the conversion or not is purley up to me. All I am asking for is and educated opinion. You know what is the point of being negative about a project like this? I have built many cars before and have always liked doing things a little different. To me i don't really seeing this to be two huge a project.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    it wouldnt fit. remember, its not just the motor, you gotta fit the gbox as well

Member Array
    Car:
    85 AH Honda Civic
    It's been done before but I say do it anyway. Signal Auto did it quite a while ago, and it was a full chop top drag car. It ran low 10's.
    Lunchbox Racing
    1985 K20A Civic
    11.67 @ 116.55 MPH All Motor street tires - retired
    1995 K24 EG Civic

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by yusio View Post
    i have been thinking about this prject for a few years. Basically what i have always wanted to do is put and NSX motor into a EG or EK civic. Now i know its going to cost big dollars so i'm not to worried about that but has it been done before and if so with what results?? And if it has been done does anyone have links etc???
    It has been done in Sydney, yrs ago in their crx sir, but it is a total drag car, (tubular chassis, cage, plexiglass windows, etc) it runs an nsx engine, I'll try and dig up pics but it was a big deal a few yrs ago in the compact drag world
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups