Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    DC5R anywhere anytime.. FN2R are heavy.. IMO honda have to be light to start with, to stand any chance against the big boys(EVO, STI, Nissan turbos)...Even neglecting the fact of power to weight ratio, there's nth Fn2R has thats gonna cause us sleepless nights.. Its just a euro-styled looking nice hatchback with spaceship liked luxury interior.. It has too much options that made it heavier.. 1380kg with 147kw is good but not fantastic..

Also, No LSD? Thats the knock out blow..

Ek9/EP3>FN2.. unrelated though.. lol..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ64U...eature=related

DC5R FTW...
    Last edited by VT1-R; 23-04-2008 at 03:03 AM.
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

^ Unfortunately, I'll have to agree as well.

The FN2R is a great car, I've driven it, handling is good, not great, could do better compared to previous models (DC-2R, 5R and 5S) and lacks performance in comparison based on stock (I've driven all three, this is based on personal experience by the way). I would've scored more points if it were lighter. At least around 1,100 kg - 1,250 kg.

LSD would've also been good too. For an 'R', LSD should've been standard.

Other than that, the car's look is ahead of its time which is great. The car engages you and is comforable.

A little off topic, but I could never get the FN2R (stock) to chirp from 1st > 2nd > 3rd. HAHA

you can't chirp it, cos the wheels are too big n heavy....

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Powers not everything but this is some nice comparison.
    http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1532

Quote Originally Posted by EL_DC5 View Post
    ctr fn2r had been discontinued
    where'd you hear that from?

dc5r sheeeets all over the civic type r.
    GTIME > QBALL
    Team lonelydriver #36
    Team Hektik #1
    My Car for sale $5500 pm if interested

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    you can't chirp it, cos the wheels are too big n heavy....
    Yeah.. wheels are heavy... 11.8kg 18" rim.. thats not including tyres.. get some after markets 17" for about 6-7kg will be a good gain.. Thats why we say stock for stock.. DC5R is definitely a better car to start with than FN2R..
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r & EGK20a
    Just watch Top Gear Review on the Civic Type R lol XD youtube itttt
    After watching it was like "Oh......"

^ Yeah, they don't like it at all. The EP3 really made it look bad.

But, I have driven the FN2R on many occasions (friend owns one) and find it not a bad car in terms of performance, but in comparison to its predecessors, it's just not quick enough.

Specifically, around the corners, understeering is quite evident. Also, the clutch is very light, feels a little weird. There none of that "vtec-up-and-go" feeling, but it all comes down to personal preference anyway.

Though I must admit, I do like the positioning of the gearbox. The gears are easy to throw with the snap of the wrist!
    Last edited by Mitsubishi; 27-04-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsubishi View Post
    ^
    Though I must admit, I do like the positioning of the gearbox. The gears are easy to throw with the snap of the wrist!
    really?

compared to other type r gear boxes i found it to be looser, not as short, not as firm and generally a whole lot less pleasant.

and the position of the reverse gear is shat. great idea, honda...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    Yup.. i tink the gearbox is looser and not as precise.. my ek4 gearbox feels better lol.. The FN2R should be badged TYPE S instead of TYPE R... Leave the Type R badge for the FD2R..

Those who disagree with me.. Kindly watch that youtube link i have provided..
    LOL...
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..

^ Personally speaking, I find it quite easy.

Type S is quicker than the Type R (proven), why would it badged Type S? (Not here to start a S vs R debate by the way, it's been beaten to death).

Cheers.