Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdongers
    Well said. I am in the same delimma myself. I have always loved the Euro but have taken a strong liking to the GT and 3.0R Liberty. The only thing is to decide whether its worth spending the extra 8K or so for more power that the Liberty gives. Euro vs 2.5 Liberty? Euro wins hands down.
    For the money and the features, you can't beat a Euro, its the same as Bang for your bucks, nothing comes close to the performance of a WRX and even if it goes like one your spending big bucks for it.

Can't wait till the Euros flood the second hand market cause thats where i am picking up my next car....but for 34g you might as well buy brand new
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurohonda
    I have driven the euro on the yarra blvd in the euro accord, and i know the corners there very well.

Ask one of your members EuroAccord13 who owns a Euro accord.
    Me and him been to some mountain drive in his euro accord and he was complaining about the stock shocks and suspension as well as brakes was shit. (Both cars "liberty GT and Euro Accord" are stock suspension & brakes)
    Apples and oranges...NA FWD vs. FI AWD.

In terms of cost, the handling of the Euro is quite good I have to say. Brakes are fine as it is imo (it's all about the driver knowing how to use it). I've been up Mt Dande (extensively) and yarra on the Euro and the only criticism I can make is that factory suspension is a bit too soft (hence body roll), and the tyres given are not grippy enough. Those can all be fixed easily with $10K, which would bring it much closer to the Liberty GT price range.

AWD is always superiour in handling, but given a better driver, a FWD can easily match a AWD in handling

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugoid
    Those can all be fixed easily with $10K, which would bring it much closer to the Liberty GT price range.
    True but adding 10K in bigger wheels and tires and better suspension will not get you an extra 40kw in power

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I am probably doubling up what has already been said however I have read every reply to this post so I will put in my 2 bob anyhow.

I previously owned a `01 WRX for about 1.5 years before my luxury euro and in some regards as stated I don't think it is entirely fair to compare a Euro to a Liberty due to obvious reasons.

Coming straight off a stock WRX, from my personal experience I would like to state that the Euro's handling is unbelievable being that it is a FWD and 1,400 or so kgs and could not fault it but I think it would have been more noticeable if the wheels were *AT LEAST* 17 inch.

The euro represents great value as it was created to compete with the Vectra, Mazda 6 and 318i which I think (bar the Mazda6) are way overpriced and don't get as many options or overall value as opposed to the Euro.

I think slightly bigger wheels and lowering the Euro maybe just an inch or so (to the point where u dont screw the geometry of the chasis) would hush the critics.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Eventhough the car weighs 1395kg, it corners way better than the lighter, "Lotus-tuned" suspension 1206kg Astra sedan. Those who are disappointed are those coming from a proper sports sedan with no-holds-barred suspension geometry and stiffness, and unlimited traction with their 20000km mileage ultra performance tyres.

I think wider wheels would be good. Maybe a 215 series like what the USDM TSX gets, or a 225, which is stretching the limit on the stock rims.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    The absolute best comparison you can make to the Euro to date is the mazda6. And we all know how the euro shits all over them, dont we!

$50k for a Liberty GT was too much for me. If it was $40k, I would have one in my driveway right now.

I am happy with my Euro, it has its problems but they will be fixed all in good time.

So, any '05 Euro rumors?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    SloEur
    Details of the facelifted 05 Accord.. pardon the grammar, but it is a direct bable fish translation from the japan site.. looks like new front and rear bumpers, new grill, possibility of 17 in wheels and illiminated steering wheel..

"The accord series which obtains favorable comment in addition to the running which has the sense of relief with スポーティ, upper quality the internal equipment, with high safe efficiency (the accord/accord wagon) it improves HONDA, from this day sells from the ホンダクリオ store of entire country.

In the accord, the aero part and 17 inch aluminum wheel, sport suspension was equipped the "sport package", with the accord wagon, the BASIC which loads the 2.0L engine setting type "20A", to 24TL of the equipment which is complete respectively anew. It made the type setting which is answered the demand where the customer is wide.
    In addition as this time, the FF car of FF car and accord wagon 20A of accord 20A and 20EL and 24E "2005 exhaust standard 75% decrease level (* * * * the exhaust car) acquires recognition low," anew actualizes high environmental efficiency the application object of the green tax system was expanded.

Accord 24TL sport package Accord wagon 24T (FF)

-Sales planning quantity(domestic month) Accord/accord wagon total 1 and 400 units

- Accord series (accord/accord wagon) main modification point
    0 accord
    In 24TL, the front and back aero forum bumper, the colored side sill garnish, sport suspension, 17 inch aluminum wheel was equipped the "sport package" new setting.
    The driver's seat 8 way power seat and 16 inch aluminum wheel, the grain pitch panel (the console panel & the power window switch panel) to add to 24T, completeness equipment.
    Former 20E in new grade "20A" modification. The discharge headlight which is standard equipment with 20E was made option setting, width of selection of the customer was expanded.
    In all type ヒーテッドドアミラー and steering wheel switch illumination anew standard equipment.
    It added the deep green pearl which has set to the accord wagon anew, made the body color of all the 7 colors* 1.
    By the FF car of 20A and 20EL "2005 exhaust standard 75% decrease level (* * * * it is low the exhaust car)" recognition anew acquisition.
    0 accord wagons
    Setting the new grade "20A" which loads the 2.0L engine anew.
    In 24E, シƒ…クラ corporation make lumber support (the driver's seat), the driver's seat 8 way power seat and this leather volume steering wheel, the grain pitch panel (the console panel & the power window switch panel), the raindrop inspection wiper and 16 inch aluminum wheel were equipped the "premium package" in place of the former exclusive package new setting.
    In 24T sport package driver's seat 8 way power seat anew standard equipment.
    In all type ヒーテッドドアミラー and steering wheel switch illumination anew standard equipment.
    In all type which excludes 20A the privacy glass standard equipment.
    "2005 exhaust standard 75% decrease level (* * * * the exhaust car) acquiring recognition low" by the FF car of accord wagon 20A and 24E.
    * 1 accord EuroR is excluded "

A little help with some of the japanese words-

Details of the facelifted 05 Accord.. pardon the grammar, but it is a direct bable fish translation from the japan site.. looks like new front and rear bumpers, new grill, possibility of 17 in wheels and illiminated steering wheel..

"The accord series which obtains favorable comment in addition to the running which has the sense of relief with sporty, upper quality the internal equipment, with high safe efficiency (the accord/accord wagon) it improves HONDA, from this day sells from the Honda Kurio store of entire country.

In the accord, the aero part and 17 inch aluminum wheel, sport suspension was equipped the "sport package", with the accord wagon, the BASIC which loads the 2.0L engine setting type "20A", to 24TL of the equipment which is complete respectively anew. It made the type setting which is answered the demand where the customer is wide.
    In addition as this time, the FF car of FF car and accord wagon 20A of accord 20A and 20EL and 24E "2005 exhaust standard 75% decrease level (* * * * the exhaust car) acquires recognition low," anew actualizes high environmental efficiency the application object of the green tax system was expanded.

Accord 24TL sport package Accord wagon 24T (FF)

-Sales planning quantity(domestic month) Accord/accord wagon total 1 and 400 units

- Accord series (accord/accord wagon) main modification point
    0 accord
    In 24TL, the front and back aero forum bumper, the colored side sill garnish, sport suspension, 17 inch aluminum wheel was equipped the "sport package" new setting.
    The driver's seat 8 way power seat and 16 inch aluminum wheel, the grain pitch panel (the console panel & the power window switch panel) to add to 24T, completeness equipment.
    Former 20E in new grade "20A" modification. The discharge headlight which is standard equipment with 20E was made option setting, width of selection of the customer was expanded.
    In all type heated door mirror and steering wheel switch illumination anew standard equipment.
    It added the deep green pearl which has set to the accord wagon anew, made the body color of all the 7 colors* 1.
    By the FF car of 20A and 20EL "2005 exhaust standard 75% decrease level (* * * * it is low the exhaust car)" recognition anew acquisition.
    0 accord wagons
    Setting the new grade "20A" which loads the 2.0L engine anew.
    In 24E, シƒ…クラ corporation make lumber support (the driver's seat), the driver's seat 8 way power seat and this leather volume steering wheel, the grain pitch panel (the console panel & the power window switch panel), the raindrop inspection wiper and 16 inch aluminum wheel were equipped the "premium package" in place of the former exclusive package new setting.
    In 24T sport package driver's seat 8 way power seat anew standard equipment.
    In all type heated door mirror and steering wheel switch illumination anew standard equipment.
    In all type which excludes 20A the privacy glass standard equipment.
    "2005 exhaust standard 75% decrease level (* * * * the exhaust car) acquiring recognition low" by the FF car of accord wagon 20A and 24E.
    * 1 accord EuroR is excluded "

I'm seriously interested in getting an Accord Euro Luxury as my next car and this thread was a must-read.

It's nice to hear they may introduce a 'sport package' consisting a bodykit and 17" wheels. The current 16" looks good and suits the elegant style of the car, but just a tad small imo. It'd be great if they lowered the car a little too - maybe an inch or 1 1/2, but that's really wishful thinking when it comes to manufacturer's lowering their cars. Most lower like 10mm or 20mm for the 'sport packages'.

Another neat addition would be illuminated controls for both the cruise control and sound system positioned on the steering wheel? I heard they're not illuminated in the current car?

How about bi-xenon's with adaptive light cornering? If that comes as standard, then that pretty much rounds up the entire package, don't you think? Wishful thinking though, but even if they offered that as an option, I'd be interested in it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Will the rolling diameter with the 17" wheels be the same as the 16" setup? Also, if they use lower profiled tyres to maintain the rolling diameter, you would have to be more vigilant in identifying potholes on the road.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2