Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

sr20de ... amongst other questions

im sure this has to be answered somewhere but i cant seem to find it but why do so many people consider n15 sss beating so many cars out there. The sr20de has only 107kw... might have a larger powerband and lower end torque but still shouldnt be as fast as people claim it is. The sss is great car for value and after market support but i just cant seem to find why the engine is so hyped about ...

also another thing wat is a fair price for a 2nd hand dc5r around 50-90k i am looking for one assuming i land this job im after

thanks in advance note im not starting a flame war, please dont turn this to a honda vs nissan or b series vs sr20de...

its similiar to why people hype over the b16a.

cause they're smaller engines that performe really well.

Plain and simple

b16a is an awesome engine 120 kw or something for a 1.6

sr20de is like ... 2.0 107...

b16 is about 118 at the fly wheel.

don't know anything regarding the SR (apart from being a 2 litre).

B16 really needs a light shell to do any damage on big capacity engines (5.7 litres upwards). but putting a b16 in an EG isn't exactly hard. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Stealth
    Agreed with both of you,

its just the people who own sss's talk it up.. well thats what ive seen.

no harm done. but just annoys the shit outta me

FULLY SICK BRO

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    yeah sss are alrite. its the people that own em, talks it up like the person above me said so to.

no idea why they pick on a car that has less capacity than them, why dont they pick on a s2000 2ltr? or a dc5r?

ive seen a few sss talking it up that they beat b16a and 4age 20valve..
    but when they take it to the drag strip..and when the clutch drops the bullshit stops.

if it was the sr16ve or the other vvt sr2XX engines.. they are machine.
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

I personally dont have much interest in the SR20de's, but there has been afew thats been modify with good gains.

i own a VZR. with the SR16ve motor, and i wouldnt say its that fast at all, the VZR weighs 1120kgs, while the EG weighs 1060kgs, as u can see theres a pretty good power to weigh ratio there for the EG.
    toque wise, the SR16 shits all over the SR20de and the B16a, but then again, the EG is light, thus meaning it evens it out again.

SR20de parts are reasonable cheap, and go pretty well with a turbo setup, thats probably why the hype is so up there as u say.
    but nothing that a B16a turbo cant achieve.
    which then also comes down to personal choice.

im a honda and nissan fan, so i dont really care, it depends what was in the market for me at the time, i cudve gotten something else but this was a rare find, so i had to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    hype over sr20?????
    Not sure about that but ppl just hype up the fact they have the SR20DET rather than the CA18DET...
    No signature

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    b16a is an awesome engine 120 kw or something for a 1.6

sr20de is like ... 2.0 107...
    You are looking at only peak numbers. Peak numbers don't tell you much other than for bragging rights.

Anything below peak RPM and the SR20DE makes more torque (and hence power)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Jdm EG6
    B16 faster in an ek or an eg, and theres no point turboing a sss as you cant get a lsd for it, my friend has one when i had my em1 and couldnt get newhere near me, especially if it was from a stationery take off , besides when ur racing someone ur not using the low end torque ur using the high end revs which is where a vtec is king and every gear change ur in vtec so u have the hi cam torque and the revs to match
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    hmm id tap it. Even in mid air like that. Possibly with the pee pee flying out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    you guys remember squirtqueen.com ? I spent many a hr in computer studies in yr 10 looking that up.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ^^ where was this race?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    SR20 is a great motor, very versatile, ballsy responsive and have great aftermarket support... very resiliant too. What i think lets them down in a sss is the weight and the gear ratios... but i do have respect for the motor.