Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by aimre View Post
    my arm has a built in torque wrench.
    Wouldn't trust that for bolting a flywheel back on after machining.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by NSPYRE View Post
    well technically speaking, isnt it the buyers fault for buying such a POS without checking it out properly 1st... its like putting a used battery up for sale; if u can charge a price u want and someone is stupid enuff to buy it then thats not ur problem. profiting from stupidity isnt an old concept...
    yes its partly the buyer ignorance fault to a degree. i guess some people are more trusting and with abit of bad judgement... but when the seller totally lies about major parts of the car which wouldnt be found on a normal inspection its hard to blame the seller.

and just because people have been doing dodgy things for a long time doesnt make it right.

im not taking a stab at you. just bringing another perspective to it.

in this world money comes and goes. people come and go.. all you have is your morals, principles and your word. if you cant even do that. then wat are you doing...

btw the car is getting overhauled now. and if the buyer ever see's the seller ever again, i guess the buyer wont be responsible for his and his friends ignorant actions.

wat goes around comes around.
    Last edited by newbie; 11-05-2008 at 12:52 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    i agree with you that generally people should be honest and the seller should have atleast some common decency to be honest and point out any issues. but sometimes people want to profit any way they can. this isnt the perfect world and there will always be shady people all through ur life.

therefore, people should not be trusted entirely. supposing the buyer is atleast old enuff to have a license - atleast 17 years old - they should kno this fact already; just like reading the fine print on a document...

Quote Originally Posted by aimre View Post
    my arm has a built in torque wrench.
    lol the amount of "professional mechanics" out there that apply this rule. Its abit disconcerting lol. Ive seen quite a few examples of what a arm torque + flywheel bolt does to a gearbox casing.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    problem solved with mechanic.

now regarding the car being sold - get your facts straight.

i gave the buyer all the information i knew and had with the car since i purchased it, didnt try to hide any fact from the buyer. gave him all the chasis code , engine number etc prior to coming down so he would be wasting his time.

i drove my car for 1 year with not a single problem yet the buyer seem to have had more problem with it in the 1st 2 days.

i gave the buyer a refund on the AGREED value due to imperfections on the car. i refunded him another amount for the tyre he blew up while driving back to syd. (funny how it didnt blow during our TWO test drives and his 2 day stay in Melbourne which he were driving around in)

two people inspected the car and he was happy to purchase the car as is.

now i know i didn't hide any information towards the buyer, i told the buyer everything i knew about the car, if there was missing information or major problems that i wasn't aware of then i was not informed by the previous seller.And if that was the case im sorry on that behave but thats life from buying a used car.

Account Disabled Array
    I agree with EK4R. Its the buyers responsibilities to inspect the car to the fully extent before carrying out the purchase. In regards to the tyres blowing, i reckon you are being fair on giving him some moeny for it. It shouldn't be your fault, that was jus plain badluck on the buyer.

There is always two side to the story, dont judge people from what you read.
    I sorta heard things from this so call 'trip', i dont want to say much, but its the buyers responsibilites to inspect the car and the seller's responsiblities to provide as much information as possible.

venturing off topic - this debate between EK4R etc , can we keep it to pm. Both side might have some explaining to do and both sides might feel "ripped off" or " let down". Lets not start a e-war of sides.

Whats done is done and lets all get on with it.

in regards to the mechanic. I don't think you should ever have work done, without firstly gaining a quote on the work to be done. if any complications come up, the mechanic will inform you first. Just leaving a car with a mech to do wtv he pleases, is just asking for unnecessary expenses.

in regards to ek4r's old ride and its new owner. It doesn't make sense to me why the owner would describe the car as "butchered" and "highly over priced", and yet he still purchased it? If it is too overpriced, and 2 ppl have inspected and test driven it, then simply do not purchase it? rather than buying it then calling the seller a liar on open forums afterwards.

then again, i can only see the facts shown here.
    Last edited by Tuintegra; 11-05-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: typo

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuintegra View Post
    in regards to ek4r's old ride and its new owner. It doesn't make sense to me why the owner would describe the car as "butchered" and "highly over priced", and yet he still purchased it? If it is too overpriced, and 2 ppl have inspected and test driven it, then simply do not purchase it? rather than buying it then calling the seller a liar on open forums afterwards.

then again, i can only see the facts shown here.

alot of hear say, gossip and crap goes on from people that dont know much or anything about the situation... and story keeps getting longer and more bullshit just keeps getting added it seems.

"i gave the buyer a refund on the AGREED value due to imperfections on the car." - i never heard about this? or saw any refund given to the buyer.

"i drove my car for 1 year with not a single problem yet the buyer seem to have had more problem with it in the 1st 2 days." - thats weird, the buyer was told otherwise and given records of parts replaced because of issues with the car.. just seems you failed to fix all the important issues.

about the tyre - yes the agreed refund was done because of the blown tyre.. and to set things straight - the agreed term was car tyres would be good enough to get the car back to sydney.. which it failed to do. simple as that.

if the car was in the "condition" as it was discribed, the price would of been quite fair. but sadly it wasnt...the terms used in this thread to describe the car are abit long winded but not that far from the truth alot of the issues were found after the car was taken apart, which wouldnt of been found from a normal inspection.. unless you plan to rip half the car apart when you buy one.

ben's right. this is off topic and no point .. wats done is done. live and learn. but wat goes around comes around... if you have any more things to discuss private msg.

i guess since the actual topic is also solved someone can close this thread
    Last edited by newbie; 12-05-2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: added

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Problem solved. Closed.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2