Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish

DIY: Install Front Lip (Minor Repair)

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Install and repair a 2nd hand (or new) front lip.

Required: Plastic Primer, Black Paint, Varying Grade of Sand Paper, Basic Socket Set

Steps:

1. Start with a coarse sand paper and moving down to a finer grade, sand your lip untill all scratches have been removed.

2. Apply a few (maybe 3) coasts of plastic primer, light coats about every 10 min.
    3. Apply 3-4 light coats of black spray paint. I used a gloss paint from supercheap.

4. NOTE: This is easiest done with the front bar removed , though can be done with it still on the car.
    To remove the bar, Remove 5 Screws at the top of the bar, 2x10mm bolts underneat, and 1x10mm bolt af the fron of each wheel well. These locations are arrowed, dont mind the two circles, there where your tow hooks are located.

Attatch the included clips onto the bar. U will notice a few evenly spaced holes under your bar, this is where i clip them on. Making sure the threaded side is on the INSIDE of the bar

5. Line up the holes on your lip with the clips and begin to screw them in. As you screw it in, the clips will squeeze around your bar holding your lip onto it.

6. Put your bar back on and admire your handy work. Easy as

Other comments
    Last edited by aimre; 31-10-2006 at 10:24 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    bump for good thread

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    True.Great little DIY.Why didn't anyone post anything when aimre done this???

Member Array
    Eg6 or eg9 lip?

Actually you can install the lip without taking off the bumper .. I know it says in the instructions to do it but I did it in 10mins without taking it off.
    All you need to do is reach around to stick those little bolts in then get the tip of a philips driver to pull it to the right place from the bottom .. they can all be done that way very easily and then just bolt up the lip.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    yeh but alex's car is pretty low, so probly wouldah been easier for him 2 do that.. plus taking off bumper the 2nd time around wont even take u 10 minutes so yeh...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Type R EP3
    how would ep3 lip look black???

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Omg, a VL!

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    Omg, a VL!
    only took 2 years for someone to spot it
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    got any videos of it dosing ?

your front lip, is that they same as the hatch sir lips ? how much did that set u back ?

cheerz