Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: WRX Kill!

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
    Under 4000RPM... I find that VERY hard to belive... Horizontal engines spool up turbos MUCH faster than strait and V engines. Especially considering horizontal engines strugle to rev high (ie past 6500-7000RPM) a turbo that doesn't hit any decent boost until 4000 would be a total wast of time. I think you'll find a stock WRX will be on decent boost by 2500ish.

yup,u are right~~~
    for normal rex with TD04 or TD04L,they did spoll up between 2500rpm~~
    but for sti,they got vf28,vf34,vf35,they spool up around 3700rpm-3900rpm as they got a bigger turbo in stock form

but anyway many rex owner upgrade their turbo to VF22 or VF34

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by civic_mods
    Pre Bug eye wrx are faster then Bug eye rex mate........
    go to do some research b4 u say this.......
    I never said they weren't - ****ing hell, I said PRE BUG EYE, i never said the bug eyes were faster or slower, so **** off buddy.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    I think everyone should seriously just chill out. Some people are right about this forum being a base for Honda fanboys. I'm not quite sure what sort of illusions some of us are under. But I've been in/driven/"raced"/seen a fair few model Rex's, and there's no way most stock/mildly modded Hondas would have a chance off a traffic light...

I'm sure other make forums (eg. Nissan, Toyota, Subaru) would be equally as biased and blinded towards their own make of cars...but seriously, it's pretty pathetic IMHO.
    I really enjoy driving my little GSi, and she goes well around corners with aftermarket sussy, but I'm not going to talk down other makes of cars, nor claim stock turbo vehicles aren't extremely fast in comparison to most Hondas.

This internet bitching and "my NA Honda smoked a WRX easily/my WRX can smash any modded NA" (barring the boosted Hondas like WPN22R's lude and Jon's EG) is really lame and a waste of time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Boosted CRX SiR
    Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    This internet bitching and "my NA Honda smoked a WRX easily/my WRX can smash any modded NA" (barring the boosted Hondas like WPN22R's lude and Jon's EG) is really lame and a waste of time.
    Apologies for veering slightly off-topic here but who are the boosted Hondas on here...just curious as to what sort of power/times you fellas are generating thats all...thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    good kill anyways Weq

remember there is a difference between "when the car is feeling fast and actually going fast."

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    I think everyone should seriously just chill out. Some people are right about this forum being a base for Honda fanboys. I'm not quite sure what sort of illusions some of us are under. But I've been in/driven/"raced"/seen a fair few model Rex's, and there's no way most stock/mildly modded Hondas would have a chance off a traffic light...

I'm sure other make forums (eg. Nissan, Toyota, Subaru) would be equally as biased and blinded towards their own make of cars...but seriously, it's pretty pathetic IMHO.
    I really enjoy driving my little GSi, and she goes well around corners with aftermarket sussy, but I'm not going to talk down other makes of cars, nor claim stock turbo vehicles aren't extremely fast in comparison to most Hondas.

NO SHIT

Whats with all the anomisity towards rexes Just cos you dont like them or whatever, doesnt take away the fact that they are a f**king fast car straight out of the showroom....
    blz-arw019

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Hahah well I signed up on this site probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before you, I was even welcomed.

Eventhough I drive a WRX doesnt mean I dont respect the H, I have not dissed the Hondas cause they are great machines. I dont go forum hopping shitting on the owner's loungeroom carpet.

You prolly hate rexes cause you prolly got chewed and spat out everytime and needs to learn to grow up and accept that you havent got the fastest car in the world, I accept this fact so can you,... theres always someone faster.

So what if the rex is quicker on the launch???? Duh! isnt that what the whole argument is about???? dont get all delusional on me and stay on topic.

I think Honda should have another catch phrase just for the minority of Honda drivers like yourself " Honda - The Power of Dreamers ". Im sure the majority of Honda drivers out on the road have respect other cars on the road, weather it be FI or V8s, respect the cars for what they are not what you stereotype the drivers to be.

Why dont you visit www.wrx.com.au and see if you can organise someone from there for a off street drag, with time slips and official times. They are Melbourne based. Make sure you let us all know how you go, maybe its time to put money where your mouth is?

I agree that it is unfortunate that there is no icon for giving the bird cause I would like to use it at this stage @ you.

Sorry in my delayed response, unlike you I dont browse this site everyday.

PS: its not munch munch rexy's for lunch, its actually munch munch gearboxes for lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by monstaR
    Y is a rex owner doin in a honda forum anyways???????? Hate them, always think that they are so damm fast....... so what if you are quick on the launch????? i tell you now that if you come down to melb, my vtec boys will " munch munch rexy's for lunch" word.........(your lucky there is no icon for the big finger......)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Dude I dont know the average age of your members, but at www.rexnet.com.au we are mostly over 25 ( due to insurance of owning a rex ) and you will find the discussions on there doesnt have the childish mentalities of some of the post on here ( no offence intended ) at least in regards to putty shit on other car makers brand, exception to this is the commonwhore drivers which I have had various experiences with, other than that I cant recall any unprovoked shit bashing on the H.

I dont mind reading bias, however when I read something that is so unbelievable and especially containing errors and mis-information ( eg. 1.8L WRX????? ) I feel I have to put the record straight and wake up a few people from their dreams.

Im glad at least the moderators ( such as yourself ) on this site doesnt have these childish attitudes and is intelligent enough to make your own informed conclusions.

Respect where respect is due dude

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Back to the topic.

Good work Weq, I know how you feel when you see a Rexie driver that feels he is all that...

I think what Weq is trying to say is he saw a oportunity to race an unexperienced Rexie driver and he took it. He is not saying his car can beat every rex out, but he wanted to put this one in its place. Rexies are quick but lets face it if the driver doesn't get a big headstart by the right take off he has no chance over a Properly boosted Honda.

Racing is wrong but I am not one to talk, Great work Weq.
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmods
    Back to the topic.

Good work Weq, I know how you feel when you see a Rexie driver that feels he is all that...

I think what Weq is trying to say is he saw a oportunity to race an unexperienced Rexie driver and he took it. He is not saying his car can beat every rex out, but he wanted to put this one in its place. Rexies are quick but lets face it if the driver doesn't get a big headstart by the right take off he has no chance over a Properly boosted Honda.

Racing is wrong but I am not one to talk, Great work Weq.
    Boosted H is another story, man those things are frigging light!!! power to weight must be insane!

I can only imagine the torque steer.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    My mate drives a rexxie and I reckon they're nice cars outta the show room. I wont say whether or not I can beat him but one thing I will say is that regardless whether I like his car or not rexxies are quick cars that are well built. 3
    They def do impress the females more than a riced out hatch :S

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    i dont think this thread really was ment to start a REx Vs honda Competition. it was more like WRX get outofdaway Mighty Weq comming through =P... i say you can respect all cars of different types even though u might be bias to one make. but doesnt meen you have to or will respect all of their drivers. i meen i see alot of V8 commodors make lots and lots of noise on the road why because they can!. you see lots of WRX racing on the street well same reason =P.. nice cars and all they all have their ups and down. not to attack anyone that has either of these cars but you have to admit there are some people out there that do silly things some honda fanatics included.

but just to finish off why do honda boys Vtec.. well BECAUSE we can ^_^...

cough.. hope that cools this thread down =P lets be friends!!..
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......