Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Just looked under the car and and it actually has a front sway bar.
    so I'll see how this goes first.

I'm also about to bid for this top rear strut brace ... do you guys think that will be too much ? I do want to make the car as tight as can be.

I myself don't mind cars sliding a little as I've had a modded S15 and that just goes everywhere if you're not careful in the wet.

Guess I'll have to try each thing to see how it affects the handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3
    In the topic of EG handling, I have an EG GL as my daily beater...

I dont think it has front sway bar, what would people recommend to install? will dc2r front sway fit in this case with OEM endlinks\bushes etc? or will it require extensive modification?

Also, yeh i agree with people, i purchased ASR, dc2r LCA and waiting for dc2r rear sway now..also the usual strut braces, Carbing is great nice and solid.

Just got my ASR brace and 24mm ASR sway bar from the US today !
    the quality of these things are excellent. And man that 24mm bar is so think and heavy!
    The Brace was actually alot cheaper delivered from the US as the exchange rate is excellent right now and for the life of me I can't find one single 2nd hand DC2R sway bar anywhere. Buying it from honda brand new was going to cost $181 for the bar and I think it was another $100 for the bushes and links. So for less than that I might as well get the 24mm one which was designed to be used with the brace specifically for the EG.

Will be getting it fitted tomorrow morning

Here's what the kit looks like :
    Last edited by joey99; 03-05-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the front sway bar on a EG GL
    I think it's one of those that goes in and out with lots of bends. You can only see it from the back and it actually looks quiet thick.

Does anyone know that a DC2R front sway bar will be a direct fit ?
    and would it be a good idea ? any adverse behaviour by fitting thicker front bars on like wheels lifting ,etc ?

At the moment running top front strut brace, spoon springs, ASR brace and 24mm rear sway bar (getting installed today).

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    yes dc2r will fit EG for fronts.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    can't wait for pics i'm very keen on this same asr 24mm bar and brace combo. so how much did it cost in the end?
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Here're some pics of the intall .. it was done at my friend's shop RedSuns performance. Wish I had some jack stands then I could've done it myself ....it was quite easy.

Here's it before with the GL LCAs that don't have the holes for sway bars:

On went the brace and the Vti LCAs:

Then on with the sway bar ... man this was thick and did I mention the fantastic quality of these ASR parts ?

Here's a pic of the linkage ... these were so smooth and I could just play with those all day:

and back on the ground:

The difference is phenomenal ... body roll is non-existant ....and it's transformed the car into a difference car again after having only the spoon springs. The springs by themselves were already very good for a street car but adding the sway bar just gives you so much confidence around corners. I find I need some bucket seats now to keep my bum on the seat as the turning speed has increased so much.

The rear of the car feels extremely tight and solid. But now I feel that the front needs something. I think it can do with a DC2R front sway bar and it will be perfect ... so now I'm looking for one of those if anyone has one. Then I can think about a rear top strut brace. But at the moment, I'm extremely happy with it and have been going out for a drive every hour ...ahhaha. It's fantastic.

ok ... after driving it for 4 days now ... it's fantastic and I don't think it needs anything more for the street. The ride is perfect for now until I get more power in the near future. These spoon springs are a great on a budget and are as comfortable as stock and really stiffens when going hard into a turn. Adding the ASR brace and bar just made it very close to the handling of a DC2R. All up it only cost about $1k. very happy with the results.

for all those people who's been asking me .. I got my brace and bar from
    http://www.mlrmotorsports.com
    just make sure you bargain them for better shipping charge as the label on the package I got was only $US100 for shipping through USPS.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by joey99 View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the front sway bar on a EG GL
    I think it's one of those that goes in and out with lots of bends. You can only see it from the back and it actually looks quiet thick.

Does anyone know that a DC2R front sway bar will be a direct fit ?
    and would it be a good idea ? any adverse behaviour by fitting thicker front bars on like wheels lifting ,etc ?

At the moment running top front strut brace, spoon springs, ASR brace and 24mm rear sway bar (getting installed today).
    Front swaybar isn't required though. With the big 23/24 on the back of the EG, she'll oversteer a little bit. Nothing to be worried about, and in fact it's much better for handling (my opinion) and keeps the car tight. The front does feel a tad loser than the rear, but a strut should fix it up.

If you upgrade the front swaybar, you'll find be introducing more understeer again (like DC2R in hard corners).

But your own choice I suppose. Definitely do rear combo first, see how you like it, then do front if it's too much oversteer for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    what engines that car got in it?

is it a stock GL?
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

yup it's a stock GL ... working from the ground up first and building it up slowly.