sad sad day.
    acura
    no type r
    grrrrr!!!!
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTiR BB6
    I think the difference between Acura and Lexus is that Lexus have their own line up where Acura cars are all Honda's with a different badge.

For the Acura brand to work you cant have 2 cars that are similar RSX - Integra under 2 brands.

If I had to buy an Acura i would badge my car and replace the acura rubbish with the one and only Honda badge. I say that every member of OZhonda should put their name to a letter or post and that this be sent to honda australia about such items as no type r's and this acura rubbish.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    The problem is that the Honda badge just does not have the prestige to compete with the big boys Merc, Audi, BMW. Its exactly the same with Toyota. Do you think that if the Lexus RX330 was badged as a Toyota that it would sell for 70k+? No Way!!

Bringing Acura here will help raise the profile of Honda and really put them up into prestige territory. And no its not just a case of slapping acura badges on Hondas. If they did it, they would wait till the whole line up is rejigged first and then split up the Hondas and Acuras. I would expect the Acura cars to be like Lexus and have heaps of fruit like sat nav, bluetooth etc.. to justify the higher price.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Its a marketing tool. If it makes them money we may see better models being delivered to Australia though.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Acura 2004 TL

Cool Acura In Australia

undefinedundefinedundefined Hello Acura Lovers. I hope Acura will come to australia because im considering moving there soon.
    And hopefully the Acura TL is there with RWD, 300HP and a V6 engine.

I like to drive, are there many place to really drive your car there?

If I may subject something good people.

If you get a chance to drive the Acura TL you will love the power the pure 270HP FWD, power plant.

Standard engine: 60 MPH in 6.3 seconds

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinoHatchCrap
    Its a marketing tool. If it makes them money we may see better models being delivered to Australia though.
    hahahahhahahahhahahahaha...

[deep breath]

[deep breath]

[deep breath]

[deep breath]

If they haven't done that in over 30 years - what makes you think they will now?

No sarcasm intended - it's just that Honda Au couldn't give a sh|t about the niche market of people wanting better models

(Yeah, I am bitter about it )
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX