Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

Integra GSI 1995

Hi, i'm new to the forums and i'm sorry if this has already been posted.
    Could somebody give me abit of info on the 1995 integra GSI auto version. Thinking of purchasing one. Information on stats compared to the vti-r version and any engine info would be appreciated. Thanks

PM Qball he knows a lot about DC4 GSI

GSI - NO VTEC, B18B
    VTI-R - VTEC, B18C

VTIR is quicker and bit more expensive

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Gsi
    if you can get a gsi in manual it will be a lot easier to sell down the road and also a lot more fun thats if you have a manual license

QUOTE: AE092
    lol 17 - and wants the fastest car. Tell the tree or pole i said hi

Member Array
    Car:
    93' DA9
    manual vtir all the way...imo. would be wearth the extra money, unless ur on a budget?
    Last edited by thescotty; 05-06-2008 at 01:14 PM.

i was going to get a gsi but ended up getting a vtir, i would of regret it if i got a gsi.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Yeah im a Gsi owner and im tellin u, u'll regret buyin an auto. Its pretty gutsy 4 such a baby engine n pretty good pull above 4k rpm.

VTIR is prolly a better alternative but thats if u can afford 2-3G's on top of the Gsi price. Gsi tho stll a great car, havnt regreted buyin it 4 a second since i got it 2 years ago, its just hit 200 000ks on the clock n still never the slightest engine problem encountered n i give it a fair thrash every now n then too.

DONT BUY AUTO! Haha
    Getting there...

Quote Originally Posted by onlykillzz View Post
    if you can get a gsi in manual it will be a lot easier to sell down the road and also a lot more fun thats if you have a manual license
    this comment seems to be slightly against the general feeling of the forum

but it's subjective in all cases.

you could say that the slightly bigger displacement of the GSI engine gives it a little more omph off the bat but it's undeniable that the VTiR's engine with vtec will hands down take over soon after.

each to their own.

just get what ur budget allows. if u can VTiR would clearly b a winner.
    or if u wanna go FI then perhaps GSI would b a better starting point.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Gsi
    Quote Originally Posted by 94dc2tegz View Post
    this comment seems to be slightly against the general feeling of the forum

but it's subjective in all cases.

you could say that the slightly bigger displacement of the GSI engine gives it a little more omph off the bat but it's undeniable that the VTiR's engine with vtec will hands down take over soon after.

each to their own.

just get what ur budget allows. if u can VTiR would clearly b a winner.
    or if u wanna go FI then perhaps GSI would b a better starting point.
    well put one thing that gsi's are good for is boost although the vtec motor is faster and can rev 1000rpm more it's compression ratio is way to high for boost and thus making it harder to boost...

all in all it comes down to cash if you can afford a vtir then go for it

QUOTE: AE092
    lol 17 - and wants the fastest car. Tell the tree or pole i said hi

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    i thought vtec purpose was to give the engine more ompt down low.. and more revs up high....

Quote Originally Posted by A-man View Post
    i thought vtec purpose was to give the engine more ompt down low.. and more revs up high....
    An engine's purpose is to produce torque over a given operating range. The higher you want to hold torque, the bigger you need to make your cam and intake tract. The bigger you make your cam and intake tract the shitter your low rpm torque becomes.

Stop thinking that VTEC gives the motor anything anywhere. All it does is allow the engine to work efficiently at multiple operating points due to variable geometry.

A VTEC motor has anything BUT oomph at low rpm. You are obliged to laugh at anyone and everyone who disagrees.